Google's stock jumped more than 7 per cent in the after-market hours on Thursday, after the company reported strong earnings results for the second quarter.
Google is rolling out a new service that lets users buy retail items directly from the search results page on mobile devices, in an effort to make mobile search more useful and give advertisers a new way to attract customers.
Newly leaked figures reveal that the vast majority of people who exercised their right to be "forgotten" by Google's services in Europe are everyday members of the public, with just 5 percent of requests coming from criminals, politicians and high-pr...
After halting the service due to an influx of spam, Google is ready to open Map Maker again, with changes that hand much of the control back to users.
With the arrival of El Capitan on Google Street View last month, you can now haul yourself virtually up one of the most famous rock faces in the world. Navigating certain streets in urban areas, however, can still be a challenge.
Google's refusal to implement the EU's controversial right to be forgotten rules in the U.S. amounts to an unfair and deceptive business practice, a frequent critic of the search engine giant said.
Facebook uses an algorithm for its News Feed, but CEO Mark Zuckerberg is after something much bigger: One that governs all human relationships.
Google has managed to push the resolution of the antitrust case brought against it by the European Commission until after the long summer vacation.
Shazam is releasing a new version of its music recognition app that lets users connect with artists they like and see what songs they've searched for using its service.
When the Supreme Court issued its historic ruling on Friday legalizing same-sex marriage across the U.S., many of the biggest technology companies embraced the decision with characteristic flair through social media, on their sites, and with tools th...
Yahoo is updating its search service on mobile devices, taking a leaf out of Google's book and highlighting content such as images, videos and reviews ahead of regular search results.
Next time you're prompted to update the Java software on your computer, pay attention or you might become a Yahoo user without realizing it.
Amazon, eBay and Etsy have joined big retailers in removing Confederate flags and related items from their sites, in moves responding to increased vitriol over the symbol after a shooting last week at an African-American church in South Carolina.
Instagram, the popular app for sharing photos with friends, is broadening the reach of those photos.
Getty Images said it had been granted "interested party" status in the European Commission's investigation into alleged anticompetitive behavior by Google, after it complained to the Commission that the search giant favored its own images service in ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA