With speculation swirling that Google is preparing to come out with what's been called the Google X phone and a Google X tablet this spring, analysts say the company is pushing the hardware envelope.
Google's fourth-quarter revenue was up 36 per cent from the previous year, thanks to continued growth in its advertising business.
Google thinks it might have found an answer to the vexing problem of forgotten or weak passwords: "physical" passwords, which might come in the form of a piece of jewelry such as a ring.
Users of Microsoft's Bing search engine can now see a wider range of Facebook content from their friends appear alongside search results, part of an effort by Microsoft to make the site more social.
Facebook's new Graph Search tool is not the formidable competitor to Google or Yelp that some industry watchers have made it out to be in the aftermath of Tuesday's announcement of the early stage product. At least, not yet.
Facebook is unleashing the collective knowledge and opinions of its one billion users to power a new feature called Graph Search.
Mobile operator Orange and Chinese Internet giant Baidu have developed a co-branded mobile browser for Android-based smartphones.
Google has quietly shut down a search function that helped users in China navigate past the country's censorship systems, after authorities had tried to block the feature.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will host a press conference Thursday afternoon to discussion its investigation of Google for antitrust violations.
A Milan appeals court Friday overturned the conviction of three Google managers for violating Italy's privacy laws by allowing the posting of a video showing the bullying of a handicapped student.
Google has launched a free iPad app to allow its paying business customers to edit Microsoft Office documents.
The European Commission has given Google a January deadline to respond to the European competition agency's concerns over alleged antitrust behavior by the company.
Google has signed a legal peace treaty with a major Japanese writers' group over the company's book-scanning project, the latest in a string of global settlements around its efforts to digitize the world's books.
Well-known American inventor and futurist Ray Kurzweil is joining Google.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT