With speculation swirling that Google is preparing to come out with what's been called the Google X phone and a Google X tablet this spring, analysts say the company is pushing the hardware envelope.
Google's fourth-quarter revenue was up 36 per cent from the previous year, thanks to continued growth in its advertising business.
Google thinks it might have found an answer to the vexing problem of forgotten or weak passwords: "physical" passwords, which might come in the form of a piece of jewelry such as a ring.
Users of Microsoft's Bing search engine can now see a wider range of Facebook content from their friends appear alongside search results, part of an effort by Microsoft to make the site more social.
Facebook's new Graph Search tool is not the formidable competitor to Google or Yelp that some industry watchers have made it out to be in the aftermath of Tuesday's announcement of the early stage product. At least, not yet.
Facebook is unleashing the collective knowledge and opinions of its one billion users to power a new feature called Graph Search.
Mobile operator Orange and Chinese Internet giant Baidu have developed a co-branded mobile browser for Android-based smartphones.
Google has quietly shut down a search function that helped users in China navigate past the country's censorship systems, after authorities had tried to block the feature.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will host a press conference Thursday afternoon to discussion its investigation of Google for antitrust violations.
A Milan appeals court Friday overturned the conviction of three Google managers for violating Italy's privacy laws by allowing the posting of a video showing the bullying of a handicapped student.
Google has launched a free iPad app to allow its paying business customers to edit Microsoft Office documents.
The European Commission has given Google a January deadline to respond to the European competition agency's concerns over alleged antitrust behavior by the company.
Google has signed a legal peace treaty with a major Japanese writers' group over the company's book-scanning project, the latest in a string of global settlements around its efforts to digitize the world's books.
Well-known American inventor and futurist Ray Kurzweil is joining Google.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCVMware Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW