For Yahoo, firing Carol Bartz was easy -- Chairman Roy Bostock gave her the news over the phone -- but turning the company around under new leadership will be a lot harder.
The Chinese government has renewed Google's Internet Content Provider (ICP) license, a company spokesman said, giving the company another year to operate its local website in the country.
As she approached her third anniversary as Yahoo's CEO, Carol Bartz couldn't overcome a recent string of missteps that apparently eroded the board's confidence in her and eclipsed her achievements as leader of the embattled Internet pioneer.
Carol Bartz has been fired from her job as Yahoo CEO and replaced on an interim basis by the company's chief financial officer, Tim Morse, according to news reports Tuesday.
Google is retiring Desktop, an application it launched in 2004 that is designed to let people search for files and data stored in their computers' hard drives.
Dell has partnered with China's largest search engine Baidu to launch a smartphone, in a move that could help both companies tap the country's growing mobile phone market.
Google is trimming its offerings, following a season of big changes for the Internet search leader.
Google's board of directors and several of its executives, including CEO Larry Page and chairman Eric Schmidt, were sued this week in a pair of lawsuits that claimed they breached their fiduciary duties by facilitating illegal imports of prescription...
China's largest search engine Baidu has launched a new homepage, that moves away from the traditional lone search bar, to offering a customizable landing site where users can connect to their favorite online apps, and see recent posts made on social ...
Google appears to be getting ready to launch another offensive against website scrapers.
Google is providing current weather information and cloud data from around the world on its Google Maps application, by an arrangement with The Weather Channel's weather.com and the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.
Google is increasing the prominence and quantity of what it calls "sitelinks," which are links to specific sections of a website that it shows for some query results.
Microsoft has made changes to Bing's Shopping search engine designed to accelerate and simplify the product-finding process.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which began an antitrust investigation into Google a month-and-a-half ago, is looking specifically at Google's relationship with Android handset makers and at whether Google favors its own services in search results...
China's largest search engine Baidu has pulled back from the country's Twitter-like services market after the company said it would shutdown its own microblogging website.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco snatches AppDynamics from IPO market for US$3.7b
- Microsoft's OneDrive for Business gets Mac client, shared folder sync
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW