For Yahoo, firing Carol Bartz was easy -- Chairman Roy Bostock gave her the news over the phone -- but turning the company around under new leadership will be a lot harder.
The Chinese government has renewed Google's Internet Content Provider (ICP) license, a company spokesman said, giving the company another year to operate its local website in the country.
As she approached her third anniversary as Yahoo's CEO, Carol Bartz couldn't overcome a recent string of missteps that apparently eroded the board's confidence in her and eclipsed her achievements as leader of the embattled Internet pioneer.
Carol Bartz has been fired from her job as Yahoo CEO and replaced on an interim basis by the company's chief financial officer, Tim Morse, according to news reports Tuesday.
Google is retiring Desktop, an application it launched in 2004 that is designed to let people search for files and data stored in their computers' hard drives.
Dell has partnered with China's largest search engine Baidu to launch a smartphone, in a move that could help both companies tap the country's growing mobile phone market.
Google is trimming its offerings, following a season of big changes for the Internet search leader.
Google's board of directors and several of its executives, including CEO Larry Page and chairman Eric Schmidt, were sued this week in a pair of lawsuits that claimed they breached their fiduciary duties by facilitating illegal imports of prescription...
China's largest search engine Baidu has launched a new homepage, that moves away from the traditional lone search bar, to offering a customizable landing site where users can connect to their favorite online apps, and see recent posts made on social ...
Google appears to be getting ready to launch another offensive against website scrapers.
Google is providing current weather information and cloud data from around the world on its Google Maps application, by an arrangement with The Weather Channel's weather.com and the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.
Google is increasing the prominence and quantity of what it calls "sitelinks," which are links to specific sections of a website that it shows for some query results.
Microsoft has made changes to Bing's Shopping search engine designed to accelerate and simplify the product-finding process.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which began an antitrust investigation into Google a month-and-a-half ago, is looking specifically at Google's relationship with Android handset makers and at whether Google favors its own services in search results...
China's largest search engine Baidu has pulled back from the country's Twitter-like services market after the company said it would shutdown its own microblogging website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD