For Yahoo, firing Carol Bartz was easy -- Chairman Roy Bostock gave her the news over the phone -- but turning the company around under new leadership will be a lot harder.
The Chinese government has renewed Google's Internet Content Provider (ICP) license, a company spokesman said, giving the company another year to operate its local website in the country.
As she approached her third anniversary as Yahoo's CEO, Carol Bartz couldn't overcome a recent string of missteps that apparently eroded the board's confidence in her and eclipsed her achievements as leader of the embattled Internet pioneer.
Carol Bartz has been fired from her job as Yahoo CEO and replaced on an interim basis by the company's chief financial officer, Tim Morse, according to news reports Tuesday.
Google is retiring Desktop, an application it launched in 2004 that is designed to let people search for files and data stored in their computers' hard drives.
Dell has partnered with China's largest search engine Baidu to launch a smartphone, in a move that could help both companies tap the country's growing mobile phone market.
Google is trimming its offerings, following a season of big changes for the Internet search leader.
Google's board of directors and several of its executives, including CEO Larry Page and chairman Eric Schmidt, were sued this week in a pair of lawsuits that claimed they breached their fiduciary duties by facilitating illegal imports of prescription...
China's largest search engine Baidu has launched a new homepage, that moves away from the traditional lone search bar, to offering a customizable landing site where users can connect to their favorite online apps, and see recent posts made on social ...
Google appears to be getting ready to launch another offensive against website scrapers.
Google is providing current weather information and cloud data from around the world on its Google Maps application, by an arrangement with The Weather Channel's weather.com and the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.
Google is increasing the prominence and quantity of what it calls "sitelinks," which are links to specific sections of a website that it shows for some query results.
Microsoft has made changes to Bing's Shopping search engine designed to accelerate and simplify the product-finding process.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which began an antitrust investigation into Google a month-and-a-half ago, is looking specifically at Google's relationship with Android handset makers and at whether Google favors its own services in search results...
China's largest search engine Baidu has pulled back from the country's Twitter-like services market after the company said it would shutdown its own microblogging website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW