For Yahoo, firing Carol Bartz was easy -- Chairman Roy Bostock gave her the news over the phone -- but turning the company around under new leadership will be a lot harder.
The Chinese government has renewed Google's Internet Content Provider (ICP) license, a company spokesman said, giving the company another year to operate its local website in the country.
As she approached her third anniversary as Yahoo's CEO, Carol Bartz couldn't overcome a recent string of missteps that apparently eroded the board's confidence in her and eclipsed her achievements as leader of the embattled Internet pioneer.
Carol Bartz has been fired from her job as Yahoo CEO and replaced on an interim basis by the company's chief financial officer, Tim Morse, according to news reports Tuesday.
Google is retiring Desktop, an application it launched in 2004 that is designed to let people search for files and data stored in their computers' hard drives.
Dell has partnered with China's largest search engine Baidu to launch a smartphone, in a move that could help both companies tap the country's growing mobile phone market.
Google is trimming its offerings, following a season of big changes for the Internet search leader.
Google's board of directors and several of its executives, including CEO Larry Page and chairman Eric Schmidt, were sued this week in a pair of lawsuits that claimed they breached their fiduciary duties by facilitating illegal imports of prescription...
China's largest search engine Baidu has launched a new homepage, that moves away from the traditional lone search bar, to offering a customizable landing site where users can connect to their favorite online apps, and see recent posts made on social ...
Google appears to be getting ready to launch another offensive against website scrapers.
Google is providing current weather information and cloud data from around the world on its Google Maps application, by an arrangement with The Weather Channel's weather.com and the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.
Google is increasing the prominence and quantity of what it calls "sitelinks," which are links to specific sections of a website that it shows for some query results.
Microsoft has made changes to Bing's Shopping search engine designed to accelerate and simplify the product-finding process.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which began an antitrust investigation into Google a month-and-a-half ago, is looking specifically at Google's relationship with Android handset makers and at whether Google favors its own services in search results...
China's largest search engine Baidu has pulled back from the country's Twitter-like services market after the company said it would shutdown its own microblogging website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW