For Yahoo, firing Carol Bartz was easy -- Chairman Roy Bostock gave her the news over the phone -- but turning the company around under new leadership will be a lot harder.
The Chinese government has renewed Google's Internet Content Provider (ICP) license, a company spokesman said, giving the company another year to operate its local website in the country.
As she approached her third anniversary as Yahoo's CEO, Carol Bartz couldn't overcome a recent string of missteps that apparently eroded the board's confidence in her and eclipsed her achievements as leader of the embattled Internet pioneer.
Carol Bartz has been fired from her job as Yahoo CEO and replaced on an interim basis by the company's chief financial officer, Tim Morse, according to news reports Tuesday.
Google is retiring Desktop, an application it launched in 2004 that is designed to let people search for files and data stored in their computers' hard drives.
Dell has partnered with China's largest search engine Baidu to launch a smartphone, in a move that could help both companies tap the country's growing mobile phone market.
Google is trimming its offerings, following a season of big changes for the Internet search leader.
Google's board of directors and several of its executives, including CEO Larry Page and chairman Eric Schmidt, were sued this week in a pair of lawsuits that claimed they breached their fiduciary duties by facilitating illegal imports of prescription...
China's largest search engine Baidu has launched a new homepage, that moves away from the traditional lone search bar, to offering a customizable landing site where users can connect to their favorite online apps, and see recent posts made on social ...
Google appears to be getting ready to launch another offensive against website scrapers.
Google is providing current weather information and cloud data from around the world on its Google Maps application, by an arrangement with The Weather Channel's weather.com and the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.
Google is increasing the prominence and quantity of what it calls "sitelinks," which are links to specific sections of a website that it shows for some query results.
Microsoft has made changes to Bing's Shopping search engine designed to accelerate and simplify the product-finding process.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which began an antitrust investigation into Google a month-and-a-half ago, is looking specifically at Google's relationship with Android handset makers and at whether Google favors its own services in search results...
China's largest search engine Baidu has pulled back from the country's Twitter-like services market after the company said it would shutdown its own microblogging website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT