A free tool for the Mozilla Firefox Web browser that can counter search hijacking on computer networks in the United States has been released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the Tor Project.
This week's war of words over software patents and Android has seen both Microsoft and Google get off some pretty good shots about Android and software patents. No matter who's really right here though, one thing's for certain: We're bored.
Google+ is going great guns right out of the gate, with the site starting out far better than rivals Facebook, Twitter and Myspace did.
Bing is a big money-loser for Microsoft, shedding billions of dollars per year, but the company is far from giving up on beating Google in the search engine wars.
Google Friday unveiled a simplified search interface for Apple iPad and Android 3.1 tablets. The changes, which are being rolling out over the next several days at www.google.com, including a streamlined layout better suited to touchscreen users.
Google is being scrutinized by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for allegedly deceptive practices when it comes to online search and search advertising. A new report agrees -- outlining ways that Google stifles competition, but is Google really a p...
China’s largest search engine Baidu posted strong earnings for the second quarter, driven by growing traffic and increased spending by advertising customers.
Google has acquired Pittsburgh Pattern Recognition, known as PittPatt, a company that develops technology for recognizing faces in images and video, according to PittPatt's website.
Demand for Google+ business profiles has reached white-hot intensity, prompting Google+ leader Vic Gundotra to acknowledge the company has been caught off guard, but pledging a fix is being fast-tracked.
Google has decided to close its <a href="http://www.googlelabs.com/">Labs</a> initiative as part of the company's efforts to streamline its product portfolio and focus its development efforts.
Google has started warning some search users of malware on their computers, after it found unusual search traffic coming through a small number of intermediary servers called proxies.
China's leading search engine Baidu will now pay three major record companies for music downloads on its site, after years of facing criticism for hosting links to pirated songs.
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
Google has acquired G.co to use as the exclusive domain for shortened URLs of its sites, following in the footsteps of other major Internet companies that have bought .co domains recently and bypassing the crowded field of .com sites.
China's largest search engine, Baidu, has begun offering downloads of its new Internet browser, which boasts its own collection of 30,000" apps" that can quickly connect users to online games, videos and other tools.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC