Google Maps lists the White House among top search results for certain queries containing racist terms against African-Americans.
A new Chrome extension can instantly share URLs among nearby devices, using sound to broadcast the information to microphones.
Performing a search on Google now also displays relevant tweets from Twitter. The integration will widely distribute Twitter content beyond its own site and is also aimed at adding a new real-time element to Google search results.
A woman who received death threats after appearing unwittingly in an anti-Muslim film on YouTube cannot require Google to remove it on the grounds that her performance was copyright-protected, a San Francisco federal appeals court ruled Monday.
Google will include a "buy" button in its search results on mobile devices in the coming weeks, said a report on Friday in the Wall Street Journal, a move that could give online shoppers an easier way to buy products on small screens.
Microsoft is adjusting how it ranks Bing search results for mobile users, prioritizing sites that display better on smaller screens to accommodate the increased use of mobile search.
Google says its self-driving cars can make driving safer because they pay better attention to the road than humans do - though there have been dings along the way.
On Facebook, you might see a fair number of news articles shared by friends supporting Republican presidential candidates as the race heats up. Even if you're a Democrat.
"OK Google, where are the open houses in Chicago?" That's a question that might yield a useful response for Android users, now that Zillow's real estate service is integrated into Google's voice search.
Airbnb has developed a new app customized for iOS and Android tablets in an attempt to give those users a better way to browse its million-plus home rental listings than with the devices' web browsers.
Google's sales rose 12 per cent during the first quarter, the slowest rate of revenue growth since 2013, while the amount it charges for ad clicks continued to drop.
Google, Apple and Amazon.com spent record amounts in the first quarter attempting to influence U.S. politicians and policy.
Mobile is a crucial element in CEO Marissa Mayer's turnaround plan for Yahoo, but the company is still heavily dependant on PCs for its money.
A 10-year search deal between Yahoo and Microsoft has a new opt-out provision that allows either company to terminate the agreement on or after Oct. 1.
Google said in February that it was going to make mobile-friendliness matter more to its search-engine rankings. On Tuesday, it makes good on that commitment -- and webmasters who didn't heed the warning may see a steep drop in traffic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA