By now you've probably heard that Google and other search engines are making us think differently. Columbia University researcher Betsy Sparrow said we are remembering less information if it is readily available online, but we are remembering where w...
Twitter stands to lose a lot of clout -- and money -- if it flubs its social search deal with Microsoft's Bing like it did with Google.
Facebook should focus on continuing to deliver a solid product rather than worrying about ads on its site that promote rival social networking service Google+.
Google has removed a service that predicted travel times with traffic from the browser-based version of Google Maps.
Google's revenue and profit grew in the second quarter, as the company's core search advertising business continued to perform very well.
Chinese shoppers can now upload photos of clothing to a new service launched this week from Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group that finds matching styles sold online.
Google has shut down its Realtime Search offering after its agreement to include Twitter results expired.
Microsoft's Bing search engine will provide English-language search results for Baidu, China's largest search engine, the companies announced Monday.
A French publishing company has filed suit against Google, alleging anti-competitive practices and claiming €295 million (US$420 million) in damages.
Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz was backed by the company's chairman at the start of the company's annual shareholder meeting on Thursday, but got ripped by an investor who called for her resignation.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission is preparing to serve subpoenas to Google as a first step in a broad antitrust investigation of the search engine and advertising giant, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
Yahoo is lumbering into the app search game, years behind smaller, nimbler competitors.
Yahoo wants to help people find mobile applications and information about them.
In an effort to accelerate the rendering of Web pages in users' computers, Google has developed a search feature that predictively preloads pages before users click on result links.
Google has applied for the necessary license to continue operating its online maps in China as the deadline for obtaining government approval approaches.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD