In a move to secure fraying market share against their bourgeoning competitors, RIM and Microsoft are partnering. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer made a surprise keynote earlier Tuesday at the Blackberry World expo in Orlando, Fla. Microsoft will integra...
Microsoft will invest in the BlackBerry platform from Research in Motion, becoming the default search provider in BlackBerry browsers and maps, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said during a surprise keynote appearance at BlackBerry World today.
Microsoft's investment in putting its Bing search and maps in BlackBerry mobile devices by the fall holiday season pits Research in Motion and Microsoft against Google in a massive scramble for mobile search customers.
Before President Barack Obama officially informed the country and the world that terrorist leader Osama bin Laden had been killed, Facebook and Twitter were lit with news and celebratory postings.
The announcement late Sunday of the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has set the Internet abuzz, as users searched for information and shared their thoughts on the killing of one of the world's most wanted men.
A day after Yahoo's email service suffered a partial outage, the company reported that about 1 million users were affected.
With Mother's Day fast approaching and graduations and summer vacation on the horizon in a few weeks, Microsoft has given the Shopping section of its Bing search engine a makeover, including the ability to link it to Facebook accounts.
China's largest search engine, Baidu, reported strong revenue and profit growth in the first quarter, driven by "solid traffic growth" and measures to generate more revenue from the company's sites.
Google's stance on doing business in China isn't going to change because Larry Page has replaced Eric Schmidt as the company's CEO.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's proposed settlement with Google over its bungled launch of the Buzz social-networking service could have disastrous effects on the rest of the e-commerce industry, the head of a trade group said.
Amazon.com is well into the second day of trying to fix a cloud outage that has partially disabled or knocked out popular Web sites like Quora, Foursquare and Reddit.
A coalition of privacy and consumer groups is pushing for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to add conditions, including requiring that Google get opt-in permission from users before collecting their data, to its proposed settlement over privacy prob...
Yahoo's revenue and profit slid significantly in the first quarter, but the company's performance was in line with Wall Street's expectations and company officials said the results reflect solid execution toward its financial goals.
In a move that is unlikely to win it any new friends in the privacy community, Yahoo has announced that it will retain consumer search data for a substantially longer period of time than it does today.
Google reported solid growth in the first quarter, just as co-founder Larry Page prepares to usher in a new chapter in the company's history.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW