Bing, Microsoft's little search engine that could, has taken 30 per cent of the U.S. search market share, posing a serious threat to Google's dominance in the field.
Microsoft has upgraded and renamed its Bing search engine's directory of local businesses, adding capabilities for owners to create, claim and manage their listings, as well as promote special deals, the company said Monday.
Wasting no time, Larry Page, who became Google's CEO on Monday, quickly moved to shake up the Internet company's top management.
Google's new CEO is making one thing clear - he'll be honing the company's focus in on social networking.
Bing's new iPad app strives to be more than just a search engine. Sure, there's a search bar up top, but the app's greatest assets are its other features, including news, weather, and trends. Here's an overview of the main features in Bing for iPad:
The U.S. Department of Justice will require Google to develop and license travel software to competitors as a condition of its US $700 million acquisition of travel software maker ITA Software.
Microsoft today launched Bing for iPad, the company's first app for Apple's tablet.
Microsoft will try to lure iPad users to its search engine with a new Bing application built specifically for the popular Apple tablet device.
Yahoo is planning to appeal an Italian court's ruling that it should remove links leading to a pirated Iranian movie from its search index.
Google's YouTube site is in the midst of an overhaul, according to a Wall Street Journal report Wednesday.
Search engines should stop showing results for websites that infringe copyright and sell counterfeit products, or be held accountable, some U.S. lawmakers and witnesses said Wednesday during a hearing on digital piracy.
A Milan judge has found Google Italy guilty of defamation because of the way its search engine linked the name of an Italian businessman to the word "fraud" and has ordered the company to modify the operation of its Autocomplete service.
Yahoo is unhappy with a recent ruling in an Italian court that ordered the company to remove links from its search engine that lead to pirated copies of an Iranian movie.
Google is bidding $US900 million in cash for thousands of patents that Nortel will auction off as part of its bankruptcy proceedings, the companies said Monday.
Google has created a facial recognition app that can provide all kinds of personal information on the people around you, but says it's not releasing the technology due to privacy concerns.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW