China's largest search engine Baidu said it will start paying an agency representing songwriters for every music download on the site, after years of being criticized for providing links to pirated music downloads.
Google says it is in talks with the Chinese government about its online map product, which could be penalized in China due to new state laws.
I'm not sure how to say this, but I'm starting to think I might be antisocial.
Google's latest attempt to infuse its search engine with social networking elements appears underwhelming and its success is questionable, as the company struggles to respond to the increasingly serious threat posed by the Facebook and Microsoft sear...
China's largest search engine Baidu is deleting millions of documents from its online library platform, in response to growing criticism from a group of authors that the company offers pirated copies of their works.
Microsoft filed an antitrust complaint against Google with the European Commission on Thursday, accusing Google of taking technical measures to squeeze Microsoft and other competitors out of the advertising and search markets.
Google has unveiled a new way to share recommendations with friends, family, and everyone else who uses the world's most popular search engine.
Google is diving deeper into social networking.
Google has agreed to settle a complaint from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission charging the company with using deceptive tactics and violating its own privacy promises to consumers when it launched its social network, Google Buzz.
Reports are swirling around the Internet that Google is in the advanced stages of testing a music service that could one day rival Apple iTunes.
Google's cloud-hosted search application for e-commerce sites has been upgraded with on-the-fly results that drop down from the query box as shoppers type their search terms, the company announced on Tuesday.
Microsoft has expanded Bing's social search capabilities, displaying real-time Twitter messages on Bing's News section and simplifying the sharing of Bing entertainment content on Facebook.
China's latest efforts at tightening its control over the Internet -- including the blocking of Gmail and Web software that can bypass the censorship -- have hampered the work of human rights activists, say groups based in the U.S.
Yahoo today unveiled Yahoo Search Direct, a new feature similar to Google Instant that shows search results as you type. The benefit to you: Less typing, fewer clicks, and (hopefully) faster results.
Microsoft on Wednesday rolled out some updates to its Bing for Mobile browser service including real-time public transportation updates for select cities and the inclusion of apps in results when searching on the iPhone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW