One of China's most popular social media services, Sina Weibo, filed papers on Friday for an initial public offering in the U.S. with the target of raising US$500 million.
Salesforce.com's rapid growth is now being fueled increasingly by large deals for its cloud software, according to CEO Marc Benioff.
Aerohive Networks, a networking vendor that's bullish on the convergence of enterprise wired and wireless LANs, aims to raise US$75 million through an initial public offering.
Satya Nadella will get US$1.2 million in salary for his first year as CEO of Microsoft, the company said Tuesday.
When Google awarded Eric Schmidt a US$100 million stock bonus in 2011 it was seen as unprecedented for the company. Now it's doing it again.
The total compensation packages of top executives at Intel fell sharply in 2013 as a result of changes in the way the chip maker pays senior employees.
Hewlett-Packard has revised financial reports for its Autonomy division after the company said that an audit turned up a number of serious accounting errors.
Oracle is set to acquire business-to-consumer marketing software vendor Responsys for US$1.5 billion in a bid to flesh out its own capabilities as well as strike back at rivals such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Oracle's second-quarter revenue rose 2 percent to US$9.3 billion while net income dropped 1 percent to $2.6 billion, with new software license and cloud subscription revenue flat and hardware product revenue continuing a long slide.
AT&T wants to silence a shareholder proposal that it disclose the government requests it receives for customer information, rejecting a step that Google, Microsoft and other Internet companies have already taken.
U.S. securities regulators questioned an early version of Twitter's initial public offering prospectus that claimed the social media company was becoming more profitable when it was actually losing increasing amounts of money.
Twitter has set its IPO price at US$26 per share, a dollar above the top end of the price range it predicted earlier this week.
The New York Stock Exchange has formally approved Twitter stock for trading, making it likely that the much-anticipated initial public offering will take place on Thursday.
Twitter on Monday increased the price of shares in its initial public offering to a range of US$23 to $25 per share and also revealed that IBM has claimed the company has infringed on several patents.
A majority of Oracle shareholders have once again voted against the company's executive pay practices, including for CEO Larry Ellison.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW