The stolen credit card numbers of millions of Target shoppers took an international trip -- to Russia.
A new piece of malware designed to delete files from hard disk drives and render computers unable to boot targets South Korean users, according to researchers from security firm Symantec.
A recent targeted attack that used Chinese malware compromised over 1,000 computers belonging to dozens of South Korea organizations, according to researchers from Israeli security firm Seculert.
Attackers are using fake versions of a recently released report about a Chinese cyberespionage group as bait in new spear-phishing attacks that target Japanese and Chinese users.
The hundreds of government, military and research organizations targeted in a large-scale cyberespionage operation dubbed Red October were not only attacked using malicious Excel and Word documents as previously believed, but also by using Web-based ...
A new piece of malware that deletes entire partitions and user files from infected computers has been found in Iran, according to an alert issued Sunday by Maher, Iran's Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Center (CERTCC).
Researchers from Israel-based IT security firm Seculert have uncovered a custom-made piece of malware that infected hundreds of point-of-sale (PoS) systems from businesses in 40 countries in the past few months and stole the data of tens of thousands...
A dangerous piece of malicious code responsible for stealing money from online bank accounts is being updated with new functions after its source code was leaked earlier this year, according to security researchers.
When McAfee released its <a href="http://www.mcafee.com/us/resources/white-papers/wp-operation-shady-rat.pdf">Operation Shady Rat hacking report</a> earlier this week, it didn't name all of the organizations it thought could have been hacked as part ...
Cybercriminals are taking a page from the software-as-a-service playbook: they're now selling exploit kits complete with hosting services, with customers paying for the length of time the exploits are actively infecting computers.
The rumored combination of two pieces of advanced online banking malware appears to be fully underway after several months of speculation.
A piece of banking malware that researchers have been keeping an eye on is adding more sophisticated capabilities to stay hidden on victims' PCs, according to the vendor Seculert.
A group of malicious hackers who attacked Twitter and the Chinese search engine Baidu are also apparently running a for-rent botnet, according to new research.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC