The number of zero-day and Web browser vulnerabilities shot up in 2014, but overall software vendors are patching faster.
The popular Full-Disclosure mailing list that has served as a public discussion forum for vulnerability researchers for the past 12 years was suspended indefinitely by its maintainer.
Recently released security updates for the popular Joomla content management system (CMS) address a SQL injection vulnerability that poses a high risk and can be exploited to extract information from the databases of Joomla-based sites.
The number of vulnerabilities found in Microsoft's Windows 7 and XP operating systems doubled last year over 2012, with the highest number of flaws reported in Windows 8, according to new research from Secunia.
A hacker released what he claims is a zero-day exploit for older versions of the Parallels Plesk Panel, a popular Web hosting administration software package, that could allow attackers to inject arbitrary PHP code and execute rogue commands on Web s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW