The number of zero-day and Web browser vulnerabilities shot up in 2014, but overall software vendors are patching faster.
The popular Full-Disclosure mailing list that has served as a public discussion forum for vulnerability researchers for the past 12 years was suspended indefinitely by its maintainer.
Recently released security updates for the popular Joomla content management system (CMS) address a SQL injection vulnerability that poses a high risk and can be exploited to extract information from the databases of Joomla-based sites.
The number of vulnerabilities found in Microsoft's Windows 7 and XP operating systems doubled last year over 2012, with the highest number of flaws reported in Windows 8, according to new research from Secunia.
A hacker released what he claims is a zero-day exploit for older versions of the Parallels Plesk Panel, a popular Web hosting administration software package, that could allow attackers to inject arbitrary PHP code and execute rogue commands on Web s...
Google wants vendors to fix or offer mitigation advice for previously unknown and actively exploited software vulnerabilities within seven days of their discovery.
The development team behind the popular Nginx open-source Web server software released security updates on Tuesday to address a highly critical vulnerability that could be exploited by remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on susceptible servers...
A critical buffer overflow vulnerability patched this week in the widely used open-source cURL library (libcurl) has the potential to expose a large number of applications and systems to remote code execution attacks.
Versions 2.0.5 and earlier of the popular VLC media player software contain a critical vulnerability that can be potentially exploited by attackers to execute malicious code on computers.
Tens of millions of network-enabled devices including routers, printers, media servers, IP cameras, smart TVs and more can be attacked over the Internet because of dangerous flaws in their implementation of the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocol...
Foxit released version 5.4.5 of its Foxit Reader PDF viewer plug-in on Thursday in order to address a critical remote code execution vulnerability that could have allowed attackers to compromise computers running previous versions of the software.
Foxit Reader, a PDF viewer application often used as an alternative to the more popular Adobe Reader, contains a critical vulnerability in its browser plug-in component that can be exploited by attackers to execute arbitrary code on computers.
An increasing number of vulnerability researchers will focus their attention on industrial control systems (ICS) in the year to come, but so will cyberattackers, security experts believe.
A recent Java 7 update allows users to completely prevent Java applications from running inside browsers or to restrict how Web-based Java content is handled by the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) client. These features will benefit security-conscious...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
- Installing Windows 10: What to do when there’s not enough storage space
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW