A security researcher claims that he found 23 vulnerabilities in industrial control software from several vendors after a different security company last week showcased vulnerabilities in applications from some of the same manufacturers, but chose no...
Danish vulnerability management company Secunia aims to make the task of reporting software vulnerabilities easier for security researchers by offering to coordinate disclosure with vendors on their behalf.
Secunia, a Danish security company that makes two tools that ensure applications have up-to-date patches, released a product on Wednesday that can deploy non-Microsoft patches using that company's widely used patching tool.
Computers lacking patches for long-known vulnerabilities potentially face more of a hacking risk than from zero-day exploits, or attacks targeting vulnerabilities that haven't been publicly disclosed, according to new research from Secunia.
One of the biggest security threats out there doesn't come from malicious hackers or online identity thieves. It actually comes from you, the innocent PC user and your out-of-date software. But you can put an end to that threat with the free Secunia ...
Happy New Year! Microsoft's first Patch Tuesday for 2011 is scheduled a week from today on the 11th of January, but there's no time like the present to kick things off for the year.
Secunia has updated its Personal Software Inspector (PSI) with the ability to silently download and apply patches from multiple vendors soon after their release. PSI 2.0 is now available in an open beta test,
Microsoft on Friday said it is investigating an unpatched vulnerability in Windows after an Israeli researcher revealed a bug in the operating system's kernel driver.
Adobe today said it would issue an emergency patch the week of Aug. 16 to fix a critical flaw in its Reader and Acrobat software.
A surge in third-party software vulnerabilities accounted for the bulk of a ballooning bug count in the first half of 2010, said Danish security firm Secunia today.
More than 9 out of every 10 Windows users are vulnerable to the Flash zero-day vulnerability that Adobe won't patch until Thursday, a Danish security company said today.
Adobe has acknowledged that some users are vulnerable to attack after downloading an outdated version of Reader from its Web site, and said it is now reevaluating how it updates the popular PDF reader.
Security software suites are doing a poor job of detecting when a PC's software is under attack, according to Danish vendor Secunia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top-level domain expansion is a security risk for business computers
- EU prepares to end geoblocking in online sales of goods and services
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT