Oracle has unloaded a hefty package of patches aimed at fixing critical vulnerabilities in Java SE and Java for Business, and Oracle as well as third-party security experts are urging IT admins to deploy the security update immediately.
Microsoft is expanding its roster of SDL (security development lifecycle) tools and services with the beta release of an attack surface analyzer tool as well as the introduction of consulting services on secure development.
After over 10 years of active participation in the honeypot community, I was surprised not to have heard of MicroSolved's HoneyPoint Security Server before I started planning this roundup. HoneyPoint runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, and offers s...
Many businesses will not be able to support Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system, which began shipping in the U.S. today. Like the competing Google Android, Windows Phone 7 does not support on-device encryption to protect data stored on it. M...
Microsoft released this week an upgrade to a tool that helps secure applications for the Internet without having to recode them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW