Serious vulnerabilities exist in Google App Engine (GAE), a cloud service for developing and hosting Web applications, a team of security researchers has found.
Security researchers released technical details and proof-of-concept code for 30 security issues affecting Oracle's Java Cloud Service, some of which could allow attackers to compromise business-critical Java applications deployed on it.
Oracle added a feature in Java that lets companies control what specific Java applets are allowed to run on their endpoint computers, which could help them better manage Java security risks.
Security researchers from Polish vulnerability research firm Security Explorations claim to have identified a new vulnerability in Java 7 that could allow attackers to bypass the software's security sandbox and execute arbitrary code on the underlyin...
Java vulnerability hunters from Polish security research firm Security Explorations claim to have found a new vulnerability that affects the latest desktop and server versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCSenior Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCSecurity EngineerNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianNSW