Google patched 10 vulnerabilities in Chrome this week, including one pegged critical on the Mac.
For the second month in a row, Microsoft has tried to eradicate a mutating rootkit that has blocked some Windows users from installing security updates.
Google patched three vulnerabilities in the Windows version of Chrome earlier in the week, marking the second time that it's plugged security holes this month.
McAfee today announced it would offer business customers affected by last week's flawed update a free one-year subscription to its automated security assessment service.
One week after a critical bug was made public, Oracle has patched its Java virtual machine to fix an exploit that could be used to sneak malicious software onto a computer.
Microsoft today said it would deliver 11 security updates next week to patch 25 vulnerabilities in Windows, Office and Exchange.
Adobe today released an emergency update that patched a pair of critical vulnerabilities in its popular PDF viewing and editing software.
Just weeks after patching a critical flaw, Adobe Systems is rushing out another patch for its Reader and Acrobat software. The company also patched a critical issue in Flash Player Thursday.
For the second time in the last four months, Microsoft today shipped a record 13 security updates that patched dozens of vulnerabilities in Windows.
Microsoft today said it will deliver a record-tying 13 security updates on Tuesday to patch more than two dozen vulnerabilities in Windows and Office.
Microsoft today issued just one security update for Windows, the lowest number on a Patch Tuesday since January 2009.
Oracle on Tuesday will release a patch update that includes 24 security fixes for its database, application server and other products.
A dangerous vulnerability in Internet Explorer 6 and 7 became publicly known before a fix was available, raising the specter of a high-risk zero-day attack. The bug involves the way IE handles Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) objects, and could let an at...
Nearly a week after an unidentified hacker posted attack code that exploits a flaw in Adobe's Illustrator software, the company says it will fix the issue by Jan. 8.
Adobe Systems' security response team is scrambling to fix a newly disclosed bug in its Illustrator software, even as it readies another security patch for next week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 161103/AP/581Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironment/ Oracle/ Active Directory Support AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW