Google patched 10 vulnerabilities in Chrome this week, including one pegged critical on the Mac.
For the second month in a row, Microsoft has tried to eradicate a mutating rootkit that has blocked some Windows users from installing security updates.
Google patched three vulnerabilities in the Windows version of Chrome earlier in the week, marking the second time that it's plugged security holes this month.
McAfee today announced it would offer business customers affected by last week's flawed update a free one-year subscription to its automated security assessment service.
One week after a critical bug was made public, Oracle has patched its Java virtual machine to fix an exploit that could be used to sneak malicious software onto a computer.
Microsoft today said it would deliver 11 security updates next week to patch 25 vulnerabilities in Windows, Office and Exchange.
Adobe today released an emergency update that patched a pair of critical vulnerabilities in its popular PDF viewing and editing software.
Just weeks after patching a critical flaw, Adobe Systems is rushing out another patch for its Reader and Acrobat software. The company also patched a critical issue in Flash Player Thursday.
For the second time in the last four months, Microsoft today shipped a record 13 security updates that patched dozens of vulnerabilities in Windows.
Microsoft today said it will deliver a record-tying 13 security updates on Tuesday to patch more than two dozen vulnerabilities in Windows and Office.
Microsoft today issued just one security update for Windows, the lowest number on a Patch Tuesday since January 2009.
Oracle on Tuesday will release a patch update that includes 24 security fixes for its database, application server and other products.
A dangerous vulnerability in Internet Explorer 6 and 7 became publicly known before a fix was available, raising the specter of a high-risk zero-day attack. The bug involves the way IE handles Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) objects, and could let an at...
Nearly a week after an unidentified hacker posted attack code that exploits a flaw in Adobe's Illustrator software, the company says it will fix the issue by Jan. 8.
Adobe Systems' security response team is scrambling to fix a newly disclosed bug in its Illustrator software, even as it readies another security patch for next week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT