In a gambit aimed at driving manufacturers to beef up protections for USB flash drive firmware, two security researchers have released a collection of tools that can be used to turn those drives into silent malware installers.
Security Research Labs
Most USB devices have a fundamental security weakness that can be exploited to infect computers with malware in a way that cannot easily be prevented or detected, security researchers found.
A pair of severe security problems in millions of SIM cards should be easy for operators to fix, according to the German security researcher who found the issues.
Millions of mobile phones may be vulnerable to spying due to the use of outdated, 1970s-era cryptography, according to new research due to be presented at the Black Hat security conference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT