The burgeoning market for gadgets that trigger a sprinkler system, help you count the number of times you swing a bat, or dim the lights automatically are rising. That’s a concern for any business due to how these devices are also starting to show up...
Internet security is in crisis. These four proposals offer tangible solutions -- including one scheme to change the Internet's workings from top to bottom
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." - According to Field and Stream magazine, this is an oft quoted hunting expression. I couldn’t resist the irony of applying this quote to the cyber security industry wh...
In today’s day and age we see a huge amount of excitement around finding the biggest and best presents for kids. Not only this, children are encouraged to surf the web and use mobile apps from a young age. We are seeing toddlers trading toy cars and ...
Business resilience is an organisation’s ability to quickly adapt to disruptions while maintaining continuous business operation, safeguarding people and assets and maintaining or even building brand equity.
Fear of the cloud in today’s security landscape is largely misplaced.
Fraudsters are using legitimate executive names and email addresses to dupe unsuspecting employees to wire money or sensitive documents to their accounts. The CTO of the Boston Celtics, for one, is fighting back.
When their data has been stolen, and is being held hostage, companies are increasingly caving in to cybercriminal demands for payment. Short of paying up, the best defense is a good offense.
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Earlier in September, an update to the Google Settings app for Android tipped off that a remote device lock and password reset feature was on its way to the Android Device Manager. This week, the service finally went live for most users through the A...
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
It's tough to keep track of all of your passwords. In spite of advances in biometrics, and increased attention on the value of two-factor authentication, passwords remain the primary means of digital security. They're also one of the weakest links in...
The enterprise has gone mobile and there's no turning back. And while the BYOD movement has received plenty of attention, IT departments are getting a handle on the security risks of personal mobile devices in the workplace. The next challenge is "br...
Paranoia--in small doses--is an excellent preventive medicine. If you think your business is too small to be a target for hackers, identity thieves, and similarly unsavory characters, you're dangerously underestimating the value of your business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
- Microsoft's big Windows 10 update launches on August 2
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA