When the cloud was first introduced several years ago, the business world was in awe of the potential it presented but also perplexed at how to harness it. From faster services to better agility and cost savings, the technology revolutionised how peo...
What happens when you delete a file? Unknown to most, deleted data from a mobile phone can still be shared with others if not appropriately managed. In a worst-case scenario, this could end up in the hands of a hacker or e-criminal, and used against ...
The burgeoning market for gadgets that trigger a sprinkler system, help you count the number of times you swing a bat, or dim the lights automatically are rising. That’s a concern for any business due to how these devices are also starting to show up...
Internet security is in crisis. These four proposals offer tangible solutions -- including one scheme to change the Internet's workings from top to bottom
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." - According to Field and Stream magazine, this is an oft quoted hunting expression. I couldn’t resist the irony of applying this quote to the cyber security industry wh...
In today’s day and age we see a huge amount of excitement around finding the biggest and best presents for kids. Not only this, children are encouraged to surf the web and use mobile apps from a young age. We are seeing toddlers trading toy cars and ...
Business resilience is an organisation’s ability to quickly adapt to disruptions while maintaining continuous business operation, safeguarding people and assets and maintaining or even building brand equity.
Fear of the cloud in today’s security landscape is largely misplaced.
Fraudsters are using legitimate executive names and email addresses to dupe unsuspecting employees to wire money or sensitive documents to their accounts. The CTO of the Boston Celtics, for one, is fighting back.
When their data has been stolen, and is being held hostage, companies are increasingly caving in to cybercriminal demands for payment. Short of paying up, the best defense is a good offense.
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Earlier in September, an update to the Google Settings app for Android tipped off that a remote device lock and password reset feature was on its way to the Android Device Manager. This week, the service finally went live for most users through the A...
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
It's tough to keep track of all of your passwords. In spite of advances in biometrics, and increased attention on the value of two-factor authentication, passwords remain the primary means of digital security. They're also one of the weakest links in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ashley Madison misled users with a fake security award
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
- Nvidia's new Tegra chip can avoid trouble with the traffic police
- Samsung bets on Tizen smartphones again with a new launch in India
- Arista plans its own take on all-seeing network software
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCWCAG 2.0 Accessibility TesterNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT