Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
Many organizations are embracing SOA as a way to increase application flexibility, make integration more manageable, lower development costs, and better align technology systems to business processes. The appeal of SOA is that it divides an organizat...
Social engineering, the act of tricking people into giving up sensitive information, is nothing new. Convicted hacker Kevin Mitnick made a name for himself by cold-calling staffers at major U.S. companies and talking them into giving him information....
If you're one of the 63.7 million people playing the popular Farmville game on Facebook, you've probably noticed a change in how you earn points. FarmVille's parent company, Zynga, agreed last week to remove deceiving mobile subscriptions and "scammy...
It was a notable accomplishment when Windows 7 was not impacted in any way by the vulnerabilities addressed in the six Security Bulletins released by Microsoft for the November Patch Tuesday. It would be even more impressive if Windows 7 proved invul...
Hot on the heels of a reported hijacking of hundreds of Facebook groups, a new variation on an old worm is crawling its way into the social network's walls.
Yesterday was Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for the month of November. There are 6 new Security Bulletins this month: 3 rated as Critical and 3 rated as Important. Not all Critical Security Bulletins are created equally though. You need to understand the...
About fifteen years ago, my husband and his colleague had their laptop computers stolen out of a car. They were fearful of reporting the incident to their boss, largely because the laptops had cost the company about US$7,000 each. A $14,000 hit to th...
It's become an all-too-common scam: A legitimate Web site pops up a window that looks just like a real security warning. It says there's something wrong with the computer, and click here to fix it. A few clicks later, the victim is paying out US$40 f...
Social networking and cloud computing threats abound, our annual Global Information Security Survey finds, making information security important once again to business leaders.
Security researchers are warning that Web-based applications are increasing the risk of identity theft or losing personal data more than ever before.
IPhone lovers and other smartphone users should take heed: A security researcher showed ways to spy on a BlackBerry user during a presentation Wednesday, including listening to phone conversations, stealing contact lists, reading text messages, takin...
The head of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has stopped banking online after nearly falling for a phishing attempt.
It has been a week since hackers released software that could be used to attack a flaw in Windows Vista and Server 2008, but Microsoft and security companies say that criminals haven't done much with the attack.
Facebook will enhance its social-networking site's privacy features over the next 12 months as a result of a set of recommendations from the Canadian government.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT