Dear Facebook, I appreciate your service. I really do.
Kaspersky Lab may not be a household name in the United States, but in some parts of the world, it's the most popular consumer antivirus software. In China the company boasts 100 million users, and the software is also popular in Germany, and, of cou...
Do you know how to guard against scareware? How about Trojan horse text messages? Or social network data harvesting?
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
Many organizations are embracing SOA as a way to increase application flexibility, make integration more manageable, lower development costs, and better align technology systems to business processes. The appeal of SOA is that it divides an organizat...
Social engineering, the act of tricking people into giving up sensitive information, is nothing new. Convicted hacker Kevin Mitnick made a name for himself by cold-calling staffers at major U.S. companies and talking them into giving him information....
If you're one of the 63.7 million people playing the popular Farmville game on Facebook, you've probably noticed a change in how you earn points. FarmVille's parent company, Zynga, agreed last week to remove deceiving mobile subscriptions and "scammy...
It was a notable accomplishment when Windows 7 was not impacted in any way by the vulnerabilities addressed in the six Security Bulletins released by Microsoft for the November Patch Tuesday. It would be even more impressive if Windows 7 proved invul...
Hot on the heels of a reported hijacking of hundreds of Facebook groups, a new variation on an old worm is crawling its way into the social network's walls.
Yesterday was Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for the month of November. There are 6 new Security Bulletins this month: 3 rated as Critical and 3 rated as Important. Not all Critical Security Bulletins are created equally though. You need to understand the...
About fifteen years ago, my husband and his colleague had their laptop computers stolen out of a car. They were fearful of reporting the incident to their boss, largely because the laptops had cost the company about US$7,000 each. A $14,000 hit to th...
It's become an all-too-common scam: A legitimate Web site pops up a window that looks just like a real security warning. It says there's something wrong with the computer, and click here to fix it. A few clicks later, the victim is paying out US$40 f...
Social networking and cloud computing threats abound, our annual Global Information Security Survey finds, making information security important once again to business leaders.
Security researchers are warning that Web-based applications are increasing the risk of identity theft or losing personal data more than ever before.
IPhone lovers and other smartphone users should take heed: A security researcher showed ways to spy on a BlackBerry user during a presentation Wednesday, including listening to phone conversations, stealing contact lists, reading text messages, takin...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW