Security researchers are warning that Web-based applications are increasing the risk of identity theft or losing personal data more than ever before.
IPhone lovers and other smartphone users should take heed: A security researcher showed ways to spy on a BlackBerry user during a presentation Wednesday, including listening to phone conversations, stealing contact lists, reading text messages, takin...
The head of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has stopped banking online after nearly falling for a phishing attempt.
It has been a week since hackers released software that could be used to attack a flaw in Windows Vista and Server 2008, but Microsoft and security companies say that criminals haven't done much with the attack.
Facebook will enhance its social-networking site's privacy features over the next 12 months as a result of a set of recommendations from the Canadian government.
Social networking services like Facebook and Twitter foster a false sense of security and lead users to share information which can be used by cybercriminals and social engineers. The very concept of social networking is based on connecting and shari...
As fireworks boomed on the Fourth of July, thousands of compromised computers attacked U.S. government Web sites. A botnet of more than 200,000 computers, infected with a strain of 2004's MyDoom virus, attempted to deny legitimate access to sites suc...
In June, the world watched as tweets from the streets of Tehran flooded Twitter. Frequent Twitter users--and people who hadn't even heard of the microblogging service--were suddenly and simultaneously witnessing its potential.
McAfee's latest version of its managed security service includes new features that let companies scan their Web sites for vulnerabilities as well as check for compliance with payment-card industry standards for handling financial data.
Microsoft has sued a Hong Kong seller of mobile ringtones, saying the company used phishing techniques to flood Microsoft Live Messenger users with spam messages.
Oracle on Tuesday released its latest quarterly patch update, which includes 10 security fixes for its database and also addresses a range of vulnerabilities across the vendor's applications portfolio.
In 1989, Eugene Kaspersky ran afoul of the Cascade virus while working for the Ministry of Defence in the heart of the Soviet Union. He defeated it with his wits and a pencil.
Open source security is a hot topic in the IT world. Some people believe that open source solutions are a potential playground for mischief-makers and cyber criminals, while others swear they’re safer than proprietary software.
Sometimes, it seems scams are becoming almost as common as social media experts on Twitter. The latest one, unleashed Monday morning and initially noticed by tech blog Mashable, centers on a fake blog hosted at the domain twittersblogs.com. Tweets co...
Forget spam and phishing as you once knew it: the new breed of cyber criminals are shifting their operations to fertile new fields, including mobile phones, online gaming and Web 2.0. These are the chief threats facing consumers today, and it's peril...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW