The online advertising industry and U.S. policy makers need to give online users more control over the collection of personal data and surfing habits beyond the traditional opt-out approach, some privacy advocates said Wednesday.
Cybercriminals are improving a malicious software program that can be installed on ATMs running Microsoft's Windows XP operating system that records sensitive card details, according to security vendor Trustwave.
Twitter users who thought friends were directing them to a "funny blog" Thursday ended up experiencing something completely different: a phishing scam.
Facebook's Application Verification Program, controversial due to its concept of charging developers to have their applications certified as "trustworthy," has run into technical problems.
A new attack that peppers Google search results with malicious links is spreading quickly, the U.S. Computer Emergence Response Team warned on Monday.
Cloud computing is a reality, and it's a force that IT professionals need to quickly come to terms with. The economic and social motivation for the cloud is high, the business need for speed and agility is greater than ever before, and the technology...
Phreakers and phishers, cybercrooks and criminals have strutted their stuff over the Internet
Here are our picks for no-cost ways to protect your PC, including Avast Home Edition, SpywareBlaster, and more.
Companies looking to reduce their IT costs and complexity by tapping into cloud computing services should first make sure that they won't be stepping on any privacy land mines in the process, according to a report released this week by the World Priv...
When it comes to managing personal information online, most people are their own worst enemies. Many of us fail to adequately protect our personal data before it gets online, but once information makes its way to the Internet, it can be quickly repli...
Social networks are fun to use, helpful for job hunting, and great for keeping in touch with friends, business contacts, and relatives. The downside: The bad guys know you're using these networks like crazy, and they're gunning for you.
Your everyday office applications store more hidden information in the documents you create and work on than you may be aware of. Here's how to make sure you don't make data public that should remain private.
We know: You mean to do all kinds of things to keep your IT infrastructure in peak condition, but when the office gets busy, things fall through the cracks. The problems won't go away on their own, though. If you need help compiling a list of what yo...
Big ideas that altered the course of information security
An online underground economy has recently matured into an efficient, global marketplace to trade stolen goods and offer fraud-related services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCService DeskWA
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW