The encryption methods used to secure today’s Internet won’t be impenetrable forever. More powerful “quantum computers” in the future could very well crack them.
A newly released UEFI exploit for Lenovo ThinkPad laptops could disable low-level Windows security features like Secure Boot, Virtual Secure Mode and Credential Guard.
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
New data breaches are coming to light almost weekly and they reveal a simple fact: many people still choose weak passwords and reuse them across multiple sites. Password managers offer a solution.
Password policies don't prevent problems, they cause them. Humans are predictable, and generic password policies help attackers crack (or guess) passwords faster.
The latest version of the key document offering security guidance to government agencies — the Information Security Manual — has been updated to take into account the impending threat to encryption posed by quantum computing.
Windows Hello is Microsoft’s biometric security system for Windows 10 PCs but it requires special hardware. Japan's Mouse Computer will soon launch add-on sensors for any PC.
As of the end of March, 93 percent of all phishing emails contained encryption ransomware, according to a report released today
Iran has ordered messaging apps to transfer data and activity records of Iranian users to local servers within one year, a move that will give the country a greater ability to monitor and censor the online activity of its people.
A hacker is trying to sell a database dump containing account records for 167 million LinkedIn users.
The antivirus engine used in multiple Symantec products had an easy to exploit vulnerability that could have allowed hackers to easily compromise computers.
Microsoft today opened the preview of its Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to all enterprise IT professionals.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table.
The Waikato District Health Board service lets patients talk to their hospital doctor over their smartphone from home rather than having to travel to an appointment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW