Nintendo has won a court case in Tokyo against sellers of illegal game emulators for its DS handheld console, part of its ongoing legal campaign to stamp out the products under toughened Japanese laws.
Paying rewards to independent security researchers for finding software problems is a vastly better investment than hiring employees to do the same work, according to researchers from the University of California Berkeley.
The latest major version of Android, known as Jelly Bean, is now the most widely used variant of the platform, according to new statistics from Google.
Of the six critical security bulletins Microsoft issued in its Patch Tuesday monthly release of software updates, three address a vulnerability in how Microsoft software renders fonts.
A U.S. government board focused on privacy and civil rights should push Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's mass collection of telephone records and Internet communications, privacy advocates said Tuesday.
A security flaw could affect 99 percent of Android devices, a researcher claims, but the reality is that most Android users have very little to worry about.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
A privacy group has filed legal action against the U.K. government for conducting mass surveillance on citizens across the U.K., including accessing data about people located in the U.K. that is collected and passed on by the U.S. National Security A...
A noisy malware campaign against South Korea is revealing deeper secrets.
Hardware appliances used by broadcasters to transmit emergency communications contained vulnerabilities that could be exploited over the Internet, although patches are now available.
The U.S. government can no longer refuse to litigate wiretapping cases on the grounds that they would expose state secrets and undermine national security, a U.S. court has ruled.
A secret surveillance court has exceeded its legal authority by allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect customer telephone records from Verizon Communications, a privacy group said in a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The Brazilian government has formally asked the U.S. government for clarification regarding the alleged large-scale interception of electronic communications of Brazilian citizens by the U.S. National Security Agency.
Nintendo said a main fan site was hit by a wave of illicit login attempts in Japan over the last month, with attackers gaining access to nearly 24,000 accounts containing users' real names, addresses, phone numbers and emails information.
Venezuela's president Nicolas Maduro has offered to give asylum to Edward Snowden, the former contractor of the National Security Agency who leaked documents about the agency's surveillance programs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW