The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) can retain communications of U.S. citizens or residents potentially indefinitely if those communications are encrypted, according to a newly leaked secret government document.
So much for trying to be nice. Yahoo's latest bid to lift itself from the tech also-ran swamp with an email recycling initiative has been criticized for potential security threats to dormant users. To try and calm down the pitchfork-wielding crowd, t...
The U.S. government is one of the largest customers of data analytics from tech firms, and the National Security Agency has recruited a top security officer from Facebook, according to a report in the New York Times.
LinkedIn's domain name was temporarily redirected to a third-party server Thursday, which resulted in a service outage and potentially put user accounts at risk of compromise.
Web content filtering company Netsweeper has supplied its products to Pakistan, even as some top IT companies have refused to supply gear for a controversial filtering project, a Canadian research group has disclosed.
France's data protection authority has given Google three months to change the way it handles users' private data, or face legal sanctions.
Security enhancements outweigh potential risks around storing data in US servers as the Houses of Parliament implements its public cloud strategy.
SAP has significantly improved the security of its products over the past few years but many of its customers are negligent with their deployments, which exposes them to potential attacks that could cripple their businesses, according to security res...
A telephone records surveillance program run by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency raises serious privacy concerns and should be reined in, some U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Microsoft will pay security researchers for finding and reporting vulnerabilities in the preview version of its Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) browser, for finding novel techniques to bypass exploit mitigations present in Windows 8.1 or later versions ...
Oracle addressed 40 security issues in Java and enabled online certificate revocation checking by default in its scheduled critical patch update for Java on Tuesday.
Google has asked the court overseeing terrorism-related surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency to allow the company to publish information on the number of surveillance requests it receives.
U.S. law enforcement agencies have disrupted more than 50 terrorist plots in the U.S. and other countries with the help of controversial surveillance efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency, government officials said Tuesday.
The source code for the Carberp banking Trojan program is being offered for sale on the underground market at a very affordable price, which could result in additional Carberp-based financial malware being developed in the future, according to resear...
The Australian privacy commissioner and 36 other data protection authorities on Tuesday raised privacy concerns about Google Glass in an open letter to CEO Larry Page.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Here's why analytics is eating the supply chain
- Rovi to acquire TiVo for $1.1 billion
- Phishing apps posing as popular payment services infiltrate Google Play
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW