Data encryption could help enterprises protect their sensitive information against mass surveillance by governments, as well as guard against unauthorized access by ill-intended third parties, but the correct implementation and use of data encryption...
Medical device makers should take new steps to protect their products from malware and cyberattacks or face the possibility that U.S. Food and Drug Administration won't approve their devices for use, the FDA said.
From October 2015 all new cars in the European Union will have to be fitted with an eCall device according to new draft legislation announced Thursday.
Even before bombshell disclosures of the U.S. government's massive collection of Internet and cellphone data, many U.S. residents were very concerned about privacy violations.
Microsoft is upping the security on Azure with Active Authentication, a new service now in preview which allows enterprises to secure access to hosted applications such as Office 365 with two-factor authentication.
Google has detected large-scale phishing attacks targeting users in Iran, ahead of presidential elections in the country.
U.S. federal prosecutors charged eight people on Wednesday in connection with a multimillion-dollar fraud that siphoned money from hacked accounts at banks and financial institutions, laundered it and sent it overseas.
Europe's justice commissioner has given the U.S. attorney general until Friday to explain how far the so-called Prism program went in collecting European citizens' data.
Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft have joined Google in asking for greater transparency in surveillance requests, following widespread criticism of the U.S. government's surveillance programs and the role of the Internet companies.
A new batch of security updates released by Microsoft on Tuesday address a total of 23 vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, Windows and Microsoft Office, including one that is actively exploited by attackers. The handling of digital certificates in ...
The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of a U.S. National Security Agency surveillance program targeting customers of Verizon Communications.
A bipartisan group of eight U.S. senators has introduced legislation that would require the nation's attorney general to declassify opinions issued by the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court in an effort to shed light on the government sur...
Bromium's small virtual machines have been updated to protect users who send documents or connect to public wireless hotspots when on the move.
Privacy advocates are pushing the U.S. Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to collect massive amounts of data from U.S. residents, as alleged in recent news reports.
European Union lawmakers have delayed a vote on what authorities can do with airline passengers' data following the revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism data collection system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA