France's data protection authority has given Google three months to change the way it handles users' private data, or face legal sanctions.
Security enhancements outweigh potential risks around storing data in US servers as the Houses of Parliament implements its public cloud strategy.
SAP has significantly improved the security of its products over the past few years but many of its customers are negligent with their deployments, which exposes them to potential attacks that could cripple their businesses, according to security res...
A telephone records surveillance program run by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency raises serious privacy concerns and should be reined in, some U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Microsoft will pay security researchers for finding and reporting vulnerabilities in the preview version of its Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) browser, for finding novel techniques to bypass exploit mitigations present in Windows 8.1 or later versions ...
Oracle addressed 40 security issues in Java and enabled online certificate revocation checking by default in its scheduled critical patch update for Java on Tuesday.
Google has asked the court overseeing terrorism-related surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency to allow the company to publish information on the number of surveillance requests it receives.
U.S. law enforcement agencies have disrupted more than 50 terrorist plots in the U.S. and other countries with the help of controversial surveillance efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency, government officials said Tuesday.
The source code for the Carberp banking Trojan program is being offered for sale on the underground market at a very affordable price, which could result in additional Carberp-based financial malware being developed in the future, according to resear...
The Australian privacy commissioner and 36 other data protection authorities on Tuesday raised privacy concerns about Google Glass in an open letter to CEO Larry Page.
Yahoo has received between 12,000 to 13,000 requests for user data from law enforcement agencies in the U.S. between Dec. 1 and May 31 this year, the company said Monday.
British intelligence agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) reportedly intercepted the electronic communications of foreign politicians during G20 meetings that took place in London in 2009.
Analysts at the U.S. National Security Agency can gain access to the content of U.S. targets' phone calls and email messages without court orders, NSA leaker Edward Snowden said, contradicting denials from U.S. government sources.
Europe’s top privacy watchdog and the Digital Agenda Commissioner both said Monday that more transparency and trust is needed between the European Union and the United States following the Prism scandal.
Apple received between 4000 and 5000 requests for customer data from US law enforcement between December 1 and May 31, according to the company.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCChange Analyst- O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW