The Australian privacy commissioner and 36 other data protection authorities on Tuesday raised privacy concerns about Google Glass in an open letter to CEO Larry Page.
Yahoo has received between 12,000 to 13,000 requests for user data from law enforcement agencies in the U.S. between Dec. 1 and May 31 this year, the company said Monday.
British intelligence agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) reportedly intercepted the electronic communications of foreign politicians during G20 meetings that took place in London in 2009.
Analysts at the U.S. National Security Agency can gain access to the content of U.S. targets' phone calls and email messages without court orders, NSA leaker Edward Snowden said, contradicting denials from U.S. government sources.
Europe’s top privacy watchdog and the Digital Agenda Commissioner both said Monday that more transparency and trust is needed between the European Union and the United States following the Prism scandal.
Apple received between 4000 and 5000 requests for customer data from US law enforcement between December 1 and May 31, according to the company.
Facebook and Microsoft each fielded thousands of requests for user data as part of law enforcement investigations from U.S. authorities in the second half of last year, they said late Friday.
Last week's disclosure of massive data collection efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency has generated heated debate in the U.S. and across the world about privacy. The NSA is collecting metadata on U.S. residents' phone calls made on Verizon's...
If you're thinking about encrypting email in light of revelations about U.S. government spying, you may be wasting your time.
Europe’s Justice Commission said Friday that she would not sacrifice European citizens’ rights for United States’ national security.
Oracle is set to release a patch set for Java SE that targets 40 security vulnerabilities.
At least two U.S. mobile operators, T-Mobile US and Verizon Wireless, reportedly do not participate directly in the U.S. National Security Agency's call metadata collection program because of their partial ownership by foreign telecommunication compa...
Data encryption could help enterprises protect their sensitive information against mass surveillance by governments, as well as guard against unauthorized access by ill-intended third parties, but the correct implementation and use of data encryption...
Medical device makers should take new steps to protect their products from malware and cyberattacks or face the possibility that U.S. Food and Drug Administration won't approve their devices for use, the FDA said.
From October 2015 all new cars in the European Union will have to be fitted with an eCall device according to new draft legislation announced Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperNSW
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW