Trusting the cloud to handle sensitive transactions and security services isn't for every enterprise, but organisations from banks to app developers are starting to give it a try.
The U.S. Congress should press for privacy protections and more information about surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency, some technology and civil liberties activists said Friday.
A U.K. regulatory group is giving Google 35 days to delete what remains of the data collected by its Street View cars in the U.K., and is using the threat of legal action to compel the company to comply.
The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) can retain communications of U.S. citizens or residents potentially indefinitely if those communications are encrypted, according to a newly leaked secret government document.
So much for trying to be nice. Yahoo's latest bid to lift itself from the tech also-ran swamp with an email recycling initiative has been criticized for potential security threats to dormant users. To try and calm down the pitchfork-wielding crowd, t...
The U.S. government is one of the largest customers of data analytics from tech firms, and the National Security Agency has recruited a top security officer from Facebook, according to a report in the New York Times.
LinkedIn's domain name was temporarily redirected to a third-party server Thursday, which resulted in a service outage and potentially put user accounts at risk of compromise.
Web content filtering company Netsweeper has supplied its products to Pakistan, even as some top IT companies have refused to supply gear for a controversial filtering project, a Canadian research group has disclosed.
France's data protection authority has given Google three months to change the way it handles users' private data, or face legal sanctions.
Security enhancements outweigh potential risks around storing data in US servers as the Houses of Parliament implements its public cloud strategy.
SAP has significantly improved the security of its products over the past few years but many of its customers are negligent with their deployments, which exposes them to potential attacks that could cripple their businesses, according to security res...
A telephone records surveillance program run by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency raises serious privacy concerns and should be reined in, some U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Microsoft will pay security researchers for finding and reporting vulnerabilities in the preview version of its Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) browser, for finding novel techniques to bypass exploit mitigations present in Windows 8.1 or later versions ...
Oracle addressed 40 security issues in Java and enabled online certificate revocation checking by default in its scheduled critical patch update for Java on Tuesday.
Google has asked the court overseeing terrorism-related surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency to allow the company to publish information on the number of surveillance requests it receives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- CCIXD/Interaction DesignerVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD