The number of malware samples that use P-to-P (peer-to-peer) communications has increased fivefold during the past 12 months, according to researchers from security firm Damballa.
Cyberespionage campaign 'NetTraveler' siphoned data from hundreds of high-profile targets, researchers say
An ongoing cyberespionage campaign compromised over 350 high-profile victims from more than 40 countries over the past eight years, including political activists, research centers, governmental institutions, embassies, military contractors and privat...
Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that could be related have in the past few days slammed the DNS servers of at least three providers of domain name management and DNS hosting services.
Early Monday, a developer announced the release of the first porn app for Google Glass only to learn that Google had banned porn apps for its computerized eyeglasses.
The smartphone of the future is going to require a "revolution" in thinking about technical design and "not enough people are prepared" for the challenges coming in here years, the president of Samsung Electronics said in his keynote at the Design Au...
The first three months of 2013 have seen a surge in spam volume, as well as large numbers of samples of the Koobface social networking worm and master boot record (MBR) infecting malware, according to antivirus vendor McAfee.
Add LinkedIn to the list of Internet companies trying to make themselves safer from cyberattacks by adding two-step authentication.
Oracle plans to make changes to strengthen the security of Java, including fixing its certificate revocation checking feature, preventing unsigned applets from being executed by default and adding centralized management options with whitelisting capa...
Google wants vendors to fix or offer mitigation advice for previously unknown and actively exploited software vulnerabilities within seven days of their discovery.
Zoho is getting into the business social-networking game with a new product called Pulse, which also ties back to many of its other applications.
AVG research reveals hackers becoming increasingly sophisticated at capitalising on tragedies to lure in victims
Drupal.org has reset account passwords after it found unauthorized access to information on its servers.
Aiming to better address the security needs of businesses of all sizes that are facing increasingly complex attacks, McAfee has added two endpoint security suites to its product lineup.
Norwegian operator Telenor will use special software to ensure that all personal and sensitive content is deleted from smartphones and tablets handed in by users for recycling, a change it hopes will result in fewer customers holding on to their old ...
Using a new API announced by Amazon Web Services, developers can use Amazon.com, Facebook, or Google's sign-in systems for their cloud-based apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Google becomes first foreign internet company to launch service in Cuba
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD