A stealthy malicious software program is taking hold in some of the most popular Web servers, and researchers still don't know why.
A bill proposed in the U.S. Senate aims to block imports of products containing U.S. technology stolen online, a move that appears primarily directed at China.
More than 20 percent of data brokers checked by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission allegedly violated a U.S. privacy law when sharing personal data with agency workers posing as companies wanting to purchase information.
An important vote on the future of the European Union's privacy laws has been delayed again.
AutoIt, a scripting language for automating Windows interface interactions, is increasingly being used by malware developers thanks to its flexibility and low learning curve, according to security researchers from Trend Micro and Bitdefender.
China's government and military appear to be directly involved in cyberattacks against the U.S., according to a report released Monday by the U.S. Department of Defense.
Hackers could have turned up the heat in one of Google's offices in Sydney. Literally.
McAfee plans to acquire Stonesoft, a Helsinki-based maker of firewalls, for US$389 million in cash, the companies said Monday.
Samsung's Knox system for Android devices gets approval for use in government and military like the BlackBerry, once the gold standard
Samsung has had its security enhanced smartphones and tablets approved for use by the US military.
An Algerian man accused of helping to develop and distribute the SpyEye computer virus has been extradited from Thailand to the U.S. to face criminal charges, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
A 41-year-old man was arrested for allegedly disrupting his former employer's network after he was passed over for promotions, leading him to quit his job and take revenge, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation said.
A partnership that sought to make it easy for Americans and Canadians to buy the virtual currency bitcoin has dissolved into a $US75 million lawsuit.
The Dutch government today presented a draft bill that aims to give law enforcement the power to hack into computer systems -- including those located in foreign countires -- to do research, gather and copy evidence or block access to certain data.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD