A rogue Pokémon Go helper application with over 500,000 downloads on Google Play had Trojan code that downloaded root exploits to take over Android devices.
As cars become more computerized, the vehicles are facing a greater risk of being hacked. That’s why Volkswagen is founding a new cyber security company devoted to protecting next generation cars.
A ransomware author and distributor was able to collect $121 million in ransomware payments during the first half of this year, netting $94 million after expenses, according to a report released today
IBM has responded to the Census debacle after a conspicuous silence in the wake of Tuesday night’s website meltdown.
The encryption methods used to secure today’s Internet won’t be impenetrable forever. More powerful “quantum computers” in the future could very well crack them.
A newly released UEFI exploit for Lenovo ThinkPad laptops could disable low-level Windows security features like Secure Boot, Virtual Secure Mode and Credential Guard.
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
New data breaches are coming to light almost weekly and they reveal a simple fact: many people still choose weak passwords and reuse them across multiple sites. Password managers offer a solution.
Password policies don't prevent problems, they cause them. Humans are predictable, and generic password policies help attackers crack (or guess) passwords faster.
The latest version of the key document offering security guidance to government agencies — the Information Security Manual — has been updated to take into account the impending threat to encryption posed by quantum computing.
Windows Hello is Microsoft’s biometric security system for Windows 10 PCs but it requires special hardware. Japan's Mouse Computer will soon launch add-on sensors for any PC.
As of the end of March, 93 percent of all phishing emails contained encryption ransomware, according to a report released today
Iran has ordered messaging apps to transfer data and activity records of Iranian users to local servers within one year, a move that will give the country a greater ability to monitor and censor the online activity of its people.
A hacker is trying to sell a database dump containing account records for 167 million LinkedIn users.
The antivirus engine used in multiple Symantec products had an easy to exploit vulnerability that could have allowed hackers to easily compromise computers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Oracle patches raft of vulnerabilities in business applications
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Microsoft buys Simplygon to simplify rendering VR and AR models
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC