Oracle will release a new version of Java on Tuesday that will include 42 security fixes and will make changes to how Web-based Java content will be presented inside browsers.
Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg was charged with hacking the IBM mainframe of Logica, a Swedish IT firm that provided tax services to the Swedish government, and the IBM mainframe of the Swedish Nordea bank, according to the Swedish pub...
Oracle is planning to release 128 patches on Tuesday covering security weaknesses that affect "hundreds" of its products.
Cybercriminals are increasingly targeting small businesses due to their less sophisticated defenses, according to a new report from Symantec.
Paying for an app in Google's online store, Google Play, will banish nagging in-app ads, but it won't dam the flow of personal information from your phone to marketers.
The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill, will be debated on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives this week, despite continued opposition from some privacy and digital r...
Find My Mac can be used to show the location of a stolen Mac, but the service often does not provide enough evidence to obtain a search warrant and get the stolen device back to its rightful owner, the Dutch police said on Monday.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry called defending against cyberattacks a major part of maintaining security in Asia, and said Washington is forming working groups with China and Japan to address the issue.
A poker software developer plans to implement a fix this week for a vulnerability recently discovered by two security researchers who analyzed one of its gambling applications.
Unidentified hackers are said to have have launched a large-scale attack against WordPress blogs and any hosts using weak passwords are urged to update them immediately.
Microsoft has amended a security update containing a patch that reportedly caused errors in some third-party software.
A review of poker applications shows that many suffer security flaws, putting players at risk of attack, according to a Malta-based security company.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee failed to make the changes necessary to allay fears about government surveillance in a controversial cyberthreat sharing bill that's moving toward a House vote, critics said.
A feature in the Twitter API (application programming interface) can be abused by attackers to launch credible social engineering attacks that would give them a high chance of hijacking user accounts, a mobile application developer revealed Wednesday...
Hackers could use vulnerable charging stations to prevent the charging of electric vehicles in a certain area, or possibly even use the vulnerabilities to cripple parts of the electricity grid, a security researcher said during the Hack in the Box co...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW