The vast majority of 3G and 4G USB modems handed out by mobile operators to their customers are manufactured by a handful of companies and run insecure software, according to two security researchers from Russia.
Hackers can influence real-time traffic-flow-analysis systems to make people drive into traffic jams or to keep roads clear in areas where a lot of people use Google or Waze navigation systems, a German researcher demonstrated at BlackHat Europe.
The majority of email and Web gateways, firewalls, remote access servers, UTM (united threat management) systems and other security appliances have serious vulnerabilities, according to a security researcher who analyzed products from multiple vendor...
A former Tribune Company employee could face as much as 10 years of jail time over federal charges accusing him of conspiring with members of the hacker group Anonymous to hack into a Tribune website.
Enterprises that use mobile device management (MDM) systems to protect their corporate data on employees' mobile phones are not safe from attacks from spyphones, researchers warned at BlackHat Europe on Thursday.
A U.S. government computer vulnerability database and several other websites at the National Institute of Standards and Technology have been down for nearly a week after workers there found malware on two Web servers.
New recommendations from Europe's top privacy watchdog could have big ramifications for Google Play, Apple and application developers.
Two researchers from security firm Imperva have devised new techniques that could allow attackers to extract sensitive information from users' encrypted Web traffic.
New research suggests a controversial spyware suite called FinFisher is being used to track activists in more countries than previously thought, including Vietnam and Ethiopia.
Since the start of the year, hackers have been exploiting vulnerabilities in Java to carry out a string of attacks against companies including Microsoft, Apple, Facebook and Twitter, as well as home users. Oracle has made an effort to respond faster ...
Google has launched a site for webmasters whose sites have been hacked, something that the company says happens thousands of times every day.
If you're not sure about the purpose behind Daiyuu Nobori's online thesis project, perhaps the large picture of the collapse of the Berlin Wall will help.
Microsoft will release security updates for applications in its Windows Store as those patches are available in order to speed up the updating process.
A website that provides US consumers with a free annual credit report appears to have been the source used by hackers to download those of celebrities including Beyoncé and government officials including Federal Bureau of Investigation Director Rober...
As part of its monthly issue of software patches, Microsoft has fixed a Windows vulnerability that would have allowed someone to subvert a computer's security using only a USB thumb drive and some attack code.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Chromebook is designed to welcome Android apps
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
- Bang & Olufsen puts a new spin on the portable Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCTest LeadSA
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (PC LAN/UNIX) 160908/SITA/901Asia