Android smartphone users can take some commonsense precautions to protect their personal data from being stolen -- important advice considering an app developer purports to know how to take the information in under 60 seconds.
The digital watchdog Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) lent a technical hand to fix security problems in a tool used to encrypt instant messenger conversations using the Adium and Pidgin programs.
The latest espionage-related hacking campaign detailed by security vendor Trend Micro is most notable for the country it does not implicate: China.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has arrested a Phoenix student, claiming that he is one of the LulzSec hackers responsible for a database attack on Sony Pictures computers that claimed more than 1 million victims.
When it comes to social engineering attacks, larger companies attract more of them, and when they are victimized it costs more per incident, according to a survey sponsored by Check Point.
As Netflix commits its future to streaming movies to customers, it relies almost exclusively on cloud services for its infrastructure, raising security concerns that require a new way of thinking, the company's cloud security architect says.
With the proliferation of data breaches, The Harford insurance company is selling a new data loss insurance aimed at small businesses that might be put at financial risk if they lose valuable and sensitive data.
Adobe on Wednesday patched six vulnerabilities in Flash Player, including one it admitted is already being exploited by attackers.
The latest social engineering trick to get victims to open malicious email attachments accuses them of being spammers and threatens to sue them if they don't stop.
The Dutch company that was hacked earlier this summer by certificate thieves has gone bust and shut down, its U.S.-based owner said Tuesday.
Japan's biggest defense contractor Mitsubishi Heavy has admitted that it was targeted by a major cyberattack last month in which at least 83 of its computers were infected with malware.
There's big trouble in the world of information security, and yet it seems that only a handful of us techies have noticed. What's the problem, you ask? Well, there are actually several problems, but they're all related to one very important issue: pu...
In November 2009 the European Parliament approved a directive on Internet privacy that, among other things, required user opt-in before websites could install cookies on the user's computer.
The theft of SSL certificates from Dutch certificate authority DigiNotar so undermined trust in the company that it has gone bankrupt.
A Chinese government official today denied any involvement in the attack that compromised scores of servers belonging to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Japan's largest defense contractor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ARM fades from Windows PCs and tablets, but grows in Chromebooks
- Chef serves up devops for the enterprise
- Over 100,000 devices can be used to amplify DDoS attacks via multicast DNS
- Oracle bolsters Marketing Cloud to show CMOs the big picture
- Obama authorizes sanctions against hackers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW