Security researchers warn that cybercriminals have started using Java exploits signed with digital certificates to trick users into allowing the malicious code to run inside browsers.
Fujitsu Technology Solutions has named European bank UniCredit as the first major customer for its PalmSecure authentication system, which is on display at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, this week.
Oracle released emergency patches for Java on Monday to address two critical vulnerabilities, one of which is actively being exploited by hackers in targeted attacks.
Samsung, which on March 14 plans to reveal in New York City the much anticipated Android-powered Galaxy S4 smartphone, today has begun teasing the product in an ad designed to ramp up the hype.
The attacks discovered last week that exploited a previously unknown Java vulnerability were likely launched by the same attackers that previously targeted security firm Bit9 and its customers, according to researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
CloudFlare's Juniper routers choked on a slight programming change designed to deflect a distributed denial-of-service attack, knocking the company's services off the Internet for about an hour early Sunday morning.
Evernote, which makes business and consumer productivity software for things like taking notes and doing research, is forcing all of its 50 million users to change their passwords after detecting a hacker intrusion on its sytems.
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
A security researcher has found a loophole in how the HTML5 Web Storage standard is implemented in the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Apple Safari browsers that could allow malicious websites to fill visitors' hard disk drives with large amount...
A new exploit for a previously unknown and unpatched Java vulnerability is being actively used by attackers to infect computers with malware, according to researchers from security firm FireEye.
A Japanese Internet security agency has issued a public warning about Android apps that offer free images of scantily clad models to trick users into giving up their personal details.
Consumers are calling for portable account numbers to enable easier switching between bank providers, but are concerned about banks sharing IT infrastructure to make this happen.
European Union plans for new border controls will result in “big brother” surveillance a leading politician warned on Thursday.
Security researchers from antivirus vendor Sophos have uncovered a Tibet-themed attack campaign that abuses a legitimate and digitally signed Nvidia file to load malware on computers.
European privacy authorities approved a plan to come up with measures to curb Google's collection, combination and storage of its users' personal information before the summer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW