Google has taken steps to close potential security holes created by a fraudulent certificate for its google.com domain, discovered in late December.
The developers of Ruby on Rails, a popular Web application development framework for the Ruby programming language, released versions 3.2.10, 3.1.9, and 3.0.18 of the software on Wednesday in order to patch a serious SQL injection vulnerability.
The attackers who recently infected the website of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) with an exploit for an unpatched vulnerability in Internet Explorer, also targeted the website of Capstone Turbine Corporation, a U.S.-based manufacturer of gas...
Imation, a storage and data security company, has acquired Nexsan, a vendor of disk-based storage systems, in a deal worth about US$120 million, the company announced.
Microsoft has released a quick fix for a vulnerability in older versions of its Internet Explorer browser that is actively being used by attackers to take over computers.
Security researchers from antivirus vendor Trend Micro have uncovered a piece of backdoor-type malware that infects Java-based HTTP servers and allows attackers to execute malicious commands on the underlying systems.
A power station in the south of Iran has been hit by a cyberattack, an Iranian news agency reported Tuesday, citing a local civil defense official. But now agency and official are in dispute over whether he really made the remarks.
Starting with version 25 of Google Chrome, browser extensions installed offline by other applications will not be enabled until users give their permission through a dialog box in the browser interface.
An increasing number of vulnerability researchers will focus their attention on industrial control systems (ICS) in the year to come, but so will cyberattackers, security experts believe.
Security researchers from Symantec have identified an information-stealing Trojan program that was used to infect computer servers belonging to various U.S. financial institutions.
Well Fargo urged its customers on Thursday to visit bank branches or use telephone banking due to continuing problems with its website.
An Internet safety education campaign will point out scams and other online dangers with an initial target audience of children and seniors.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is advising smartphone users on how to protect their mobile devices and data from mobile security threats.
Samsung said Wednesday it is working on an update for a software flaw that could allow attackers to siphon personal data from a phone.
Adobe plans in February to close a dangerous hole in its Shockwave application that causes the application to be downgraded when a user launches older multimedia content, allowing hackers to target years-old vulnerabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW