Facebook only risks a fine of €20,000 (US$26,000) if it loses a dispute over its real name policy in Germany, but will be hurt more by bad publicity generated by the litigation, a German privacy regulator said on Tuesday.
Digital rights and privacy advocates have welcomed Yahoo's decision to provide its users with an option to enable HTTPS (HTTP Secure) for their entire webmail sessions.
Cisco Systems plans to release a new patch for a vulnerability in its VoIP phones after the first patch did not fix the problem, which could allow an attacker to eavesdrop on conversations.
A 27-year-old Romanian man was sentenced Monday to 21 months in prison after admitting he was part of a group that stole payment card data from hundreds of computers belonging to merchants in the U.S.
Organized crime groups in Europe make about €1.5 billion (US$2 billion) a year from payment card fraud, according to a new report from the European Police Office (Europol).
Adobe Systems warned users of its ColdFusion application server software that hackers are reportedly exploiting unpatched vulnerabilities in the product to take control of affected servers.
A hacker claims to have found a method of bypassing the code integrity mechanism in Windows RT, therefore allowing for desktop-style programs to be installed on the platform.
Turktrust, the Turkish certificate authority (CA) responsible for issuing an intermediate CA certificate that was later used to generate an unauthorized certificate for google.com, claims that the bad Google certificate was not used for dishonest pur...
The Dutch government's cyber security center has published guidelines that it hopes will encourage ethical hackers to disclose security vulnerabilities in a responsible way.
Symantec is crediting a hacker group with an impressive track record as responsible for finding the latest as yet unpatched vulnerability in older versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser.
Google has taken steps to close potential security holes created by a fraudulent certificate for its google.com domain, discovered in late December.
The developers of Ruby on Rails, a popular Web application development framework for the Ruby programming language, released versions 3.2.10, 3.1.9, and 3.0.18 of the software on Wednesday in order to patch a serious SQL injection vulnerability.
The attackers who recently infected the website of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) with an exploit for an unpatched vulnerability in Internet Explorer, also targeted the website of Capstone Turbine Corporation, a U.S.-based manufacturer of gas...
Imation, a storage and data security company, has acquired Nexsan, a vendor of disk-based storage systems, in a deal worth about US$120 million, the company announced.
Microsoft has released a quick fix for a vulnerability in older versions of its Internet Explorer browser that is actively being used by attackers to take over computers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCNetwork Technical ConsultantSA
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSr Service ManagementACT