U.S. law enforcement agencies with the help of Facebook have arrested 10 persons from various countries in connection with international cybercrime rings that targeted users on the social network.
A marketplace where security researchers can sell details on software bugs said it was compromised on Tuesday due to an "embarrassing oversight" that left its web server vulnerable.
If you're watching TV and the channel suddenly changes, you may not have sat on the remote control by accident.
In-Q-Tel, the technology investment arm of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), will invest in Tyfone, a small developer of mobile banking, identity management and near-field communication systems.
Romanian authorities dismantled a cybercriminal ring that stole an estimated US$4 million from U.S. citizens by posting offers for non-existent items on online auction websites.
Bromium has upgraded its security platform vSentry, which uses virtualization to isolate malicious code, to protect virtual desktops and old Windows XP PCs.
Researchers from Israel-based IT security firm Seculert have uncovered a custom-made piece of malware that infected hundreds of point-of-sale (PoS) systems from businesses in 40 countries in the past few months and stole the data of tens of thousands...
The popular mobile children's game Mobbles collects personal information from children without providing notice to parents or attempting to get parental consent, in violation of U.S. law, a privacy group said in a complaint to the U.S. Federal Trade ...
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Many mobile apps aimed at children collect and share personal data without notifying parents, potentially violating U.S. law, the Federal Trade Commission said in a report released Monday.
A new variant of a Trojan program called Reveton that prevents victims from using their computers and displays rogue messages from law enforcement agencies is using localized voice messages to trick victims into paying made-up fines, according to res...
Cisco Systems plans to expand its services business over the next several years, seeing a more important role for itself in a world of connected machines and devices.
Security researchers have identified a botnet controlled by its creators over the Tor anonymity network. It's likely that other botnet operators will adopt this approach, according to the team from vulnerability assessment and penetration testing fir...
German consumer organizations are suing Facebook because the social network keeps sharing personal data with third-party app makers without getting explicit consent from users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Craig Wright claims he is bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCTechnical WriterACT