A power station in the south of Iran has been hit by a cyberattack, an Iranian news agency reported Tuesday, citing a local civil defense official. But now agency and official are in dispute over whether he really made the remarks.
Starting with version 25 of Google Chrome, browser extensions installed offline by other applications will not be enabled until users give their permission through a dialog box in the browser interface.
An increasing number of vulnerability researchers will focus their attention on industrial control systems (ICS) in the year to come, but so will cyberattackers, security experts believe.
Security researchers from Symantec have identified an information-stealing Trojan program that was used to infect computer servers belonging to various U.S. financial institutions.
Well Fargo urged its customers on Thursday to visit bank branches or use telephone banking due to continuing problems with its website.
An Internet safety education campaign will point out scams and other online dangers with an initial target audience of children and seniors.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is advising smartphone users on how to protect their mobile devices and data from mobile security threats.
Samsung said Wednesday it is working on an update for a software flaw that could allow attackers to siphon personal data from a phone.
Adobe plans in February to close a dangerous hole in its Shockwave application that causes the application to be downgraded when a user launches older multimedia content, allowing hackers to target years-old vulnerabilities.
Websites, mobile apps and online advertising networks targeting children will be required to follow new privacy regulations, including getting a parent's permission before collecting geolocation information and photographs from kids, under new rules ...
Cloud-based security services provider Zscaler has released an implementation for Internet Explorer of the HTTPS Everywhere browser security extension.
Instagram vowed on Tuesday to revise new proposed terms of service following a strong backlash from users worried that it would use their photos in advertisements without their permission.
Trend Micro has updated its mobile security software to detect potential attacks on several Samsung Electronics devices that have a flaw that could allow a malicious application to access all of the phone's memory.
Dell has made a deal to acquire data-protection vendor Credant Technologies and plans to add the company's technology to its enterprise IT security offerings.
Organizers played "Eye of the Tiger" and "We are the Champions" over the loudspeakers as participants in the SANS Institute's NetWars Tournament of Champions sat down at their laptops and prepared for action.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- Spanish police nab suspected hacker behind Neverquest banking malware
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW