Turktrust, the Turkish certificate authority (CA) responsible for issuing an intermediate CA certificate that was later used to generate an unauthorized certificate for google.com, claims that the bad Google certificate was not used for dishonest pur...
The Dutch government's cyber security center has published guidelines that it hopes will encourage ethical hackers to disclose security vulnerabilities in a responsible way.
Symantec is crediting a hacker group with an impressive track record as responsible for finding the latest as yet unpatched vulnerability in older versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser.
Google has taken steps to close potential security holes created by a fraudulent certificate for its google.com domain, discovered in late December.
The developers of Ruby on Rails, a popular Web application development framework for the Ruby programming language, released versions 3.2.10, 3.1.9, and 3.0.18 of the software on Wednesday in order to patch a serious SQL injection vulnerability.
The attackers who recently infected the website of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) with an exploit for an unpatched vulnerability in Internet Explorer, also targeted the website of Capstone Turbine Corporation, a U.S.-based manufacturer of gas...
Imation, a storage and data security company, has acquired Nexsan, a vendor of disk-based storage systems, in a deal worth about US$120 million, the company announced.
Microsoft has released a quick fix for a vulnerability in older versions of its Internet Explorer browser that is actively being used by attackers to take over computers.
Security researchers from antivirus vendor Trend Micro have uncovered a piece of backdoor-type malware that infects Java-based HTTP servers and allows attackers to execute malicious commands on the underlying systems.
A power station in the south of Iran has been hit by a cyberattack, an Iranian news agency reported Tuesday, citing a local civil defense official. But now agency and official are in dispute over whether he really made the remarks.
Starting with version 25 of Google Chrome, browser extensions installed offline by other applications will not be enabled until users give their permission through a dialog box in the browser interface.
An increasing number of vulnerability researchers will focus their attention on industrial control systems (ICS) in the year to come, but so will cyberattackers, security experts believe.
Security researchers from Symantec have identified an information-stealing Trojan program that was used to infect computer servers belonging to various U.S. financial institutions.
Well Fargo urged its customers on Thursday to visit bank branches or use telephone banking due to continuing problems with its website.
An Internet safety education campaign will point out scams and other online dangers with an initial target audience of children and seniors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD