Microsoft refuted claims on Thursday that an information disclosure leak in its Internet Explorer browser poses a privacy risk, arguing that the company publicizing the issue is seeking to put its competitors in an unfavorable light.
Some of the distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that targeted the websites of U.S. financial institutions this week have peaked at 60 Gbps, according to researchers from DDoS mitigation provider Arbor Networks.
Project Blitzkrieg, a coordinated attack against U.S. banking customers allegedly planned for the spring of 2013, is a real and credible threat, security researchers at McAfee have said.
European lawmakers want to stop exports of technology that can censor information to repressive regimes.
Microsoft has launched a new anti-piracy campaign in China, which intends to highlight the security risks of buying counterfeit software.
Japanese police are looking for an individual who can code in C#, uses a "Syberian Post Office" to make anonymous posts online, and knows how to surf the web without leaving any digital tracks -- and they're willing to pay.
Some advertising analytics companies are using a vulnerability in Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser for a questionable edge in figuring out if web users are actually seeing display advertisements buried within web pages.
Google has changed the way it handles image searches so that pornographic pictures are less likely to be presented to those who aren't looking for them.
Oracle is simplifying its security offerings by combining a pair of existing tools into a single package.
Adobe released security updates for its Flash Player and ColdFusion products on Tuesday in order to address critical vulnerabilities that could give attackers control over the affected computers.
U.S. law enforcement agencies with the help of Facebook have arrested 10 persons from various countries in connection with international cybercrime rings that targeted users on the social network.
A marketplace where security researchers can sell details on software bugs said it was compromised on Tuesday due to an "embarrassing oversight" that left its web server vulnerable.
If you're watching TV and the channel suddenly changes, you may not have sat on the remote control by accident.
In-Q-Tel, the technology investment arm of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), will invest in Tyfone, a small developer of mobile banking, identity management and near-field communication systems.
Romanian authorities dismantled a cybercriminal ring that stole an estimated US$4 million from U.S. citizens by posting offers for non-existent items on online auction websites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA