The creators of Carberp, a banking Trojan program used exclusively in Russian-speaking countries, have started to sell an improved version of the malware together with custom scripts that would allow cybercriminals to target U.S. online banking custo...
A German privacy regulator ordered Facebook to stop enforcing its real name policy because it violates a German law that gives users the right to use nicknames online.
Smartphone app SpongeBob Diner Dash violates U.S. law by collecting a "wide range" of personal information from children, including full names and email addresses, according to a complaint filed by the Center for Digital Democracy, an advocacy group.
A new piece of malware that deletes entire partitions and user files from infected computers has been found in Iran, according to an alert issued Sunday by Maher, Iran's Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Center (CERTCC).
A suspected fault in how Samsung Electronics has implemented the Android's kernel in several of its devices could allow a malicious application to gain total control over the device.
A hacker in Egypt has released vague details of three vulnerabilities he claims to have found within Yahoo's website, the second time in two months he's found problems in the website of a major technology company.
Several malicious Android apps designed to steal mobile transaction authentication numbers (mTANs) sent by banks to their customers over SMS (Short Message Service) were found on Google Play by researchers from antivirus vendor Kaspersky Lab.
When users install Google Maps on their iPhone, the option to share location data with Google is switched on by default. By doing this, Google violates European data protection law, according to a German data protection watchdog.
Get out of the office, look around, and get a fresh perspective on protecting employees, assets, and data
Microsoft refuted claims on Thursday that an information disclosure leak in its Internet Explorer browser poses a privacy risk, arguing that the company publicizing the issue is seeking to put its competitors in an unfavorable light.
Some of the distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that targeted the websites of U.S. financial institutions this week have peaked at 60 Gbps, according to researchers from DDoS mitigation provider Arbor Networks.
Project Blitzkrieg, a coordinated attack against U.S. banking customers allegedly planned for the spring of 2013, is a real and credible threat, security researchers at McAfee have said.
European lawmakers want to stop exports of technology that can censor information to repressive regimes.
Microsoft has launched a new anti-piracy campaign in China, which intends to highlight the security risks of buying counterfeit software.
Japanese police are looking for an individual who can code in C#, uses a "Syberian Post Office" to make anonymous posts online, and knows how to surf the web without leaving any digital tracks -- and they're willing to pay.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW