After a two-day outage, Internet access in war-torn Syria appears to be for the most part restored on Saturday, according to reports from several sources.
Japan's space agency said Friday that sensitive information on a new long-range rocket project may have been stolen by a computer virus.
Western Connecticut State University said Thursday that a vulnerability in its computer system present for more than three years may have exposed the data of 233,880 students and other people affiliated with the institution.
Microsoft is linking malicious software analysts with online advertising fraud experts in an effort to disrupt click fraud, a scam where advertisers pay for worthless clicks.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve legislation that would give the public new privacy protections from government searches of email and documents stored in the cloud.
Samsung Electronics will close a security hole in the firmware of some of its printers by issuing an update on Friday, and said they could be protected by disabling SNMP.
The Romanian domain names of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Kaspersky Lab and other companies were hijacked on Wednesday and were redirected to a hacked server in the Netherlands.
Proposals that would give the ITU (International Telecommunications Union) more power over the Internet were attacked on two more fronts on Wednesday.
A group of hackers leaked email contact information of experts working with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) after breaking into one of the agency's servers.
An unknown attacker inserted malicious code into the latest version of the Piwik open-source Web analytics software after compromising the project's website on Monday.
Printers manufactured by Samsung have a backdoor administrator account hard coded in their firmware that could enable attackers to change their configuration, read their network information or stored credentials and access sensitive information passe...
Romanian law enforcement authorities have dismantled a criminal group that stole credit card data from foreign companies as part of an operation that resulted in fraudulent transactions totaling US$25 million.
Two digital rights group urged Facebook on Tuesday to halt changes to its governance and data use policies, warning the modifications could increase privacy risks.
A security researcher claims that he found 23 vulnerabilities in industrial control software from several vendors after a different security company last week showcased vulnerabilities in applications from some of the same manufacturers, but chose no...
Despite vowing that fighting cybercrime is high on its agenda, the European Commission has only increased its planned spend by 14 percent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCInformation Content EditorVIC
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW