Privacy campaign group Europe vs. Facebook has threatened to take the Irish Data Protection Commissioner to court if it is not satisfied with the DPC's final responses to its 22 complaints about Facebook's privacy policies, and appealed for donations...
Mobile network operator Orange will install Lookout's Mobile Security application on some of the Android-based tablets and smartphones it distributes starting in 2013, aiming to protect millions of subscribers in the first year alone.
A new piece of malicious software targeted at Apple users has been found on a website dedicated to the Dalai Lama, but one security vendor is labeling it as low risk.
Attackers can read emails, contacts and other private data from the accounts of Yahoo users who visit a malicious page by abusing a feature present on Yahoo's Developer Network website, according to an independent security researcher.
Popular online social networking site Tumblr was ravaged on Monday by an Internet worm that spewed racist and inflammatory messages across thousands of user accounts.
A security researcher published on Friday another attack on Facebook's Instagram photo-sharing service that could allow a hacker to seize control of a victim's account.
After a two-day outage, Internet access in war-torn Syria appears to be for the most part restored on Saturday, according to reports from several sources.
Japan's space agency said Friday that sensitive information on a new long-range rocket project may have been stolen by a computer virus.
Western Connecticut State University said Thursday that a vulnerability in its computer system present for more than three years may have exposed the data of 233,880 students and other people affiliated with the institution.
Microsoft is linking malicious software analysts with online advertising fraud experts in an effort to disrupt click fraud, a scam where advertisers pay for worthless clicks.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve legislation that would give the public new privacy protections from government searches of email and documents stored in the cloud.
Samsung Electronics will close a security hole in the firmware of some of its printers by issuing an update on Friday, and said they could be protected by disabling SNMP.
The Romanian domain names of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Kaspersky Lab and other companies were hijacked on Wednesday and were redirected to a hacked server in the Netherlands.
Proposals that would give the ITU (International Telecommunications Union) more power over the Internet were attacked on two more fronts on Wednesday.
A group of hackers leaked email contact information of experts working with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) after breaking into one of the agency's servers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTQuantitative Developer | C# | circa $130,000-160,000NSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSenior Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Intranet - Cloud / CMSVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD