Two digital rights group urged Facebook on Tuesday to halt changes to its governance and data use policies, warning the modifications could increase privacy risks.
A security researcher claims that he found 23 vulnerabilities in industrial control software from several vendors after a different security company last week showcased vulnerabilities in applications from some of the same manufacturers, but chose no...
Despite vowing that fighting cybercrime is high on its agenda, the European Commission has only increased its planned spend by 14 percent.
Hewlett-Packard said in a letter to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that it had determined that its products were procured from a partner that was not informed that their ultimate destination was Syria.
Skype has been battling wily adversaries who are abusing the Internet calling application to direct people to scam websites, but the Microsoft-owned service says the sham calls are decreasing.
Cybercriminals are increasingly using .eu domain names in their attack campaigns, according to data from multiple security companies.
Facebook could be taken to court by consumer organizations in the Nordic countries if it does not stop placing unsolicited advertisements in users' news feeds.
Symantec had spotted another odd piece of malware that appears to be targeting Iran and is designed to meddle with SQL databases.
A Web security policy mechanism that promises to make HTTPS-enabled websites more resilient to various types of attacks has been approved and released as an Internet standard -- but despite support from some high-profile websites, adoption elsewhere ...
Facebook users will no longer be allowed to vote on proposed policy changes at the company because their comments weren't good enough.
South Carolina's governor faulted an outdated Internal Revenue Service standard as a contributing factor to a massive data breach that exposed Social Security numbers of 3.8 million taxpayers plus credit card and bank account data.
Malta-based security start-up firm ReVuln claims to be sitting on a stockpile of vulnerabilities in industrial control software, but prefers to sell the information to governments and other paying customers instead of disclosing it to the affected so...
A man who exposed a major privacy weakness that divulged email addresses of iPad users on AT&T's network plans to appeal his conviction on two felony charges.
The chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has not reversed course on email privacy and has not proposed to give U.S. agencies access to email and other electronic communications without search warrants, despite a news report to the contrary...
Facebook started encrypting the connections of its North American users by default last week as part of a plan to roll out always-on HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) to its entire global user base.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW