Cybercriminals are using a new PDF exploit that bypasses the sandbox security features in Adobe Reader X and XI, in order to install banking malware on computers, according to researchers from Russian security firm Group-IB.
Software made by Siemens and targeted by the Stuxnet malware is still full of other dangerous vulnerabilities, according to Russian researchers whose presentation at the Defcon security conference earlier this year was cancelled following a request f...
Tao Wan now works at IBM, but said he was once an angry young man, a veteran of the hacking scene that burgeoned in China in the late 1990s.
A federal court in the U.S. on Wednesday temporarily restrained law officials in California from enforcing new provisions that allegedly violate the free speech rights of sexual offenders.
Two civil rights groups have filed a lawsuit challenging parts of a California ballot measure that requires registered sex offenders to turn over their Internet identities and service providers to police.
About 200 Android applications currently hosted on Google Play create spoofed SMS messages on the devices they are installed on, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
Security researcher Tavis Ormandy discovered critical vulnerabilities in the antivirus product developed by U.K.-based security firm Sophos and advised organizations to avoid using the product on critical systems unless the vendor improves its produc...
Members and followers of the Anonymous hacking group demonstrated outside the British Parliament in London Monday, following a series of hacking attacks to protest, among other things, the incarceration or confinement of alleged hackers and various p...
According to a new report from Bit9 - a security vendor with a focus on defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) - there is a one in four chance that downloading an Android app from the official Google Play market could put you at risk. Bi...
Researchers at the University of South Carolina have discovered that some types of electricity meter are broadcasting unencrypted information that, with the right software, would enable eavesdroppers to determine whether you're at home.
Different hacker groups claim to have breached servers belonging to ImageShack, Symantec, and other organizations.
The earliest worms and viruses were created for geeky fun and did little harm - oh, how times have changed. Here are 20 worms, viruses and botnets that show the evolution of malware, from Creeper to Flame.
VMware warned on Sunday that more of its source code for its ESX hypervisor technology could become public after another batch of code was released by a hacker.
Vupen, a security company in the business of selling zero-day vulnerabilities, said Friday that it has found a way to bypass security mechanisms on Windows 8 and execute code via a Web page.
Facebook has launched an expanded privacy education campaign for new users, with the focus on default settings, user access to their own data and deciding who they share their information with.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- Spanish police nab suspected hacker behind Neverquest banking malware
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW