WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange lost an appeal in the U.K.'s High Court on Wednesday that sought to block his extradition to Sweden on potential charges of rape and molestation.
People who want to limit the behavioral advertising and tracking they are subjected to on the Web aren't well served by some popular privacy tools, according to a Carnegie Mellon University study.
Security researchers from the CrySyS laboratory in Hungary have located an installer for Duqu, the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/242114/duqu_new_malware_is_stuxnet_20.html">Stuxnet-inspired threat</a> that has kept the securi...
Facebook has apparently fixed a vulnerability in its social-networking site after insisting it wasn't a weakness and didn't need to be remedied.
U.K. Foreign Secretary William Hague warned on Tuesday that a "darker scenario" could prevail if governments do not ensure safe and reliable Internet access.
U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden and British Prime Minister David Cameron Tuesday condemned efforts by some countries to censor their citizens' use of the Internet, making a case that free expression online has long-term benefits.
Researchers from Stanford University have developed an automated tool that is capable of deciphering text-based anti-spam tests used by many popular websites with a significant degree of accuracy.
Juniper Networks' suite of mobile security and device management tools is coming to three Samsung Electronics devices, marking the first time the company has provided its SSL VPN software for Google's Android OS.
A newly identified Mac OS X Trojan bundles a component that leverages the processing power of video cards (GPUs) to generate Bitcoins, a popular type of virtual currency.
A serious code injection vulnerability affecting timthumb, a popular image resize script used in many WordPress themes and plugins, has been exploited in recent months to compromise over 1 million Web pages.
Hacker group Anonymous has threatened to expose the identity of members and supporters of a Mexican drug cartel by Nov. 5, in retaliation for the kidnapping of a group member, and has already hacked the web site of a former state official, alleging t...
The frequency of attacks that distribute fake antivirus software, a long-time pillar of the underground economy, has decreased considerably in recent months. However, security researchers warn that the industry is not yet dead and new versions of att...
Facebook downplayed an alleged vulnerability in its social-networking site that could allow a hacker to send a potentially malicious file to anyone on Facebook.
IBM intends to make the security information and event management (SIEM) technology gained through the acquisition of Q1 Labs, which was officially closed yesterday, the centerpiece of IBM's broad security product portfolio.
New social engineering attacks are tricking Facebook users into exposing anti-CSRF tokens associated with their sessions. These security codes allow attackers to make unauthorized requests through the victim's browser.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA