Oracle has released a new Java security update to address multiple vulnerabilities, including one exploited during a recently disclosed attack that can allow eavesdropping on encrypted communications.
Google is rolling out over the next weeks default encryption using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) on searches for users signing in with their accounts, the company said Tuesday.
Internet companies need to build consumer privacy and data controls into their online services to protect their brands, gain trust from their users, avoid civil lawsuits and prevent government probes, according to two regulators from the U.S. and Can...
The U.S. Congress needs to pass legislation that would require law enforcement agencies to get permission from a judge before tracking suspects through their mobile phones, instead of the now-common practice of tracking a mobile subscriber's location...
Distributed denial of service and SQL injection are the main types of attack discussed on hacking forums, according to new research from security vendor Imperva.
Oracle on Tuesday will release 76 patches affecting hundreds of its products as well as Java SE.
A U.K. hacker fighting extradition to the U.S. may have lost one avenue for argument after an independent review panel concluded the U.K.-U.S. extradition treaty is not slanted against U.K. defendants.
Some of the users who visited KickassTorrents (KAT), one of the most popular torrent trackers on the Internet, over the weekend had the nasty surprise of being infected with a rogue antivirus program called "Security Sphere 2012."
The developer of the widely used Firefox extension NoScript has released a version for the Android and Maemo operating systems.
Public companies may need to look more closely at their exposure to cyberattacks after new guidelines were released this week by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Searching for Flash Player on Bing and Yahoo can lead to rogue pages distributing a hard-to-remove rootkit, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor GFI Software.
The SpyEye banking malware continues to plague computers across the world and is proving to be a difficult foe to detect and remove from infected Windows PCs, according to two researchers from EMC's RSA security division.
Kevin Finisterre isn't the type of person you expect to see in a nuclear power plant. With a beach ball-sized Afro, aviator sunglasses and a self-described "swagger," he looks more like Clarence Williams from the '70s TV show "The Mod Squad" than an ...
One might think that former HBGary Federal CEO Aaron Barr would stay far away from anything associated with the hacking group Anonymous, which waged an embarrassing hacking campaign earlier this year that resulted in his resignation.
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCCloud Specialist | CHEF | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCAssistant Project OfficerACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia