Experts from security vendor ESET warn that TDL4, one of the most sophisticated pieces of malware in the world, <a href="http://blog.eset.com/2011/10/18/tdl4-rebooted">is being rewritten and improved</a> for increased resilience to antivirus detectio...
The European Union's data watchdog has attacked plans for a new Europe-wide database of alleged intellectual property infringers.
Entertainment companies seeking to trace people who are illegally file sharing may be interested in new research that could identify filesharers through their Skype accounts. A research team has figured out how to link online Skype users to their act...
Adobe is working on a fix for a Flash Player vulnerability that can be exploited via clickjacking techniques to turn on people's webcams or microphones without their knowledge.
Opera Software has released an update for its desktop browser in order to address a critical vulnerability in its handling of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files, disclosed a week ago. The company denies refusing to patch the flaw when it was brough...
The Office of U.S. Trade Representative has asked the Chinese government to explain its policies related to blocking some websites in an effort to gauge the impact on U.S. small businesses operating in China, the agency said Wednesday.
The cloud-based design of Amazon's Silk browser has positive security side effects because it encrypts all traffic between users and websites, especially important when connected over unprotected Wi-Fi networks where session hijacking attacks can occ...
A Trojan used by German law enforcement authorities to intercept Internet phone calls is capable of monitoring traffic from 15 programs, including browsers and instant messaging applications.
Oracle has released a new Java security update to address multiple vulnerabilities, including one exploited during a recently disclosed attack that can allow eavesdropping on encrypted communications.
Google is rolling out over the next weeks default encryption using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) on searches for users signing in with their accounts, the company said Tuesday.
Internet companies need to build consumer privacy and data controls into their online services to protect their brands, gain trust from their users, avoid civil lawsuits and prevent government probes, according to two regulators from the U.S. and Can...
The U.S. Congress needs to pass legislation that would require law enforcement agencies to get permission from a judge before tracking suspects through their mobile phones, instead of the now-common practice of tracking a mobile subscriber's location...
Distributed denial of service and SQL injection are the main types of attack discussed on hacking forums, according to new research from security vendor Imperva.
Oracle on Tuesday will release 76 patches affecting hundreds of its products as well as Java SE.
A U.K. hacker fighting extradition to the U.S. may have lost one avenue for argument after an independent review panel concluded the U.K.-U.S. extradition treaty is not slanted against U.K. defendants.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW