The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table.
The Waikato District Health Board service lets patients talk to their hospital doctor over their smartphone from home rather than having to travel to an appointment.
For all its apparent complexity and ambiguity, blockchain is currently the most advanced tool for solving certain global problems of safety, authenticity, privacy, accessibility and security of artifacts and transactions.
At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) has updated a number of its guides to implementing its ‘Top 4’ security strategies for mitigating targeted cyber intrusions.
“By 2020, Gartner predicts that over half of all IoT implementations will use some form of cloud-based security service.”
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has indicated that the government will work with the private sector to counteract the use of encryption technologies by criminals, invoking the now-resolved standoff between Apple and the FBI over the issue.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull this morning officially launched the federal government’s national cyber security strategy.
Oracle's latest quarterly security update contains 136 fixes for flaws in a wide range of products including Oracle Database Server, E-Business Suite, Fusion Middleware, Oracle Sun Products, Java and MySQL.
Neither humans nor AI has proven overwhelmingly successful at maintaining cybersecurity on their own, so why not see what happens when you combine the two?
A group of cybercriminals have combined two powerful malware programs to create a new online banking Trojan that has already stolen million dollars from customers of 24 US and Canadian banks.
Microsoft wants a federal court to invalidate part of a 1986 law that it alleged has been abused by the government when authorities demand customers' data.
Ransomware authors are using the bitcoin blockchain, which serves as the cryptocurrency's public transaction ledger, to deliver encryption keys to users.
Faced with few options, companies are increasingly ceding to cyberattackers' demands for payment after holding their stolen data hostage, while law enforcement struggles to catch nearly invisible foes.
Fifty-four zero-day vulnerabilities were discovered last year, according to a report released this morning by Symantec, more than double that of 2014, and the number of megabreaches of more than 10 million records also hit a record high.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW