An alternate method for infecting computers with ransomware signals a shift in tactics by cybercriminals that could put businesses at greater risk, according to Symantec.
Security researchers have expanded and improved the three-year-old BREACH attack that exploits the HTTP compression mechanism in order to recover sensitive information such as authentication cookies from encrypted Web traffic.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
One of the best pieces of security advice any computer expert can give you is to enable two-factor authentication for websites that support it. With password breaches so common nowadays, it could be the one thing that keeps hackers from stealing your...
CNBC inadvertently exposed peoples' passwords after it ran an article Tuesday that ironically was intended to promote secure password practices.
A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any security programs.
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
Millions of Android devices are at risk yet again after researchers found a new way to exploit an older vulnerability that was previously patched by Google.
The latest version of the TeslaCrypt ransomware has tidied up a weakness in previous versions that in some cases allowed victims to recover their files without paying a ransom.
Tens of thousands of Web browsers may have been exposed to ransomware and other malware over the last few days after malicious advertisements appeared on high-profile websites.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Locky, a new family of ransomware that emerged in the last few weeks, has quickly made a mark for itself.
Google has released 16 patches for Android, including one for a critical remote execution vulnerability in the operating system's mediaserver.
Ransomware has become a real scourge for consumers, businesses and even government institutions. Unfortunately, there's no end in sight, so here's what you should know.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC