An Italian teenager has found two zero-day vulnerabilities in Apple's OS X operating system that could be used to gain remote access to a computer.
A fresh analysis of documents disclosed by former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden shows that AT&T has been a much closer and eager partner for the National Security Agency's Internet spying activities than was previously known.
Mozilla wants to make private browsing truly private.
Responding to allegations from anonymous ex-employees, security firm Kaspersky Lab has denied planting misleading information in its public virus reports as a way to foil competitors.
An unpatched vulnerability in the Google Admin application for Android can allow rogue applications to steal credentials that could be used to access Google for Work acccounts.
Google has released another patch for the Stagefright vulnerability after a security firm said the first one didn't fix it.
Installing rogue firmware on embedded devices has long been a concern for security researchers, and it seems that such attacks have started to gain ground with hackers.
Security updates are being distributed for a telematics control unit (TCU) that security researchers showed could be manipulated to remotely apply the brakes of a Corvette, according to the device's French manufacturer.
Three “high risk” vulnerabilities in SAP Mobile could give attackers access to encrypted information stored in mobile devices, security firm Onapsis reported Wednesday.
It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
Two-factor authentication is often held up as a best practice for security in the online world, but Dropbox on Wednesday announced a new feature that's designed to make it even tougher.
Security researchers and hackers gathered in Las Vegas over the past week to show off and learn about the latest vulnerabilities that affect devices and software that the world relies on every day. Black Hat and DEF CON, the world's top security conf...
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has charged 32 defendants with fraud in an international scheme that used stolen, yet-to-be-published press releases from hacked websites to conduct stock trades.
Lenovo isn't doing its reputation any favors with the discovery of another security issue around its pre-loaded PC software.
As if recent research on car hacking wasn't frightening enough, a new study shows yet another danger to increasingly networked vehicles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW