A start-up company called Karamba Security has developed malware prevention technology for the externally connected electronic control units (ECUs) found in cars.
The system piggybacks onto your existing wiring to add a motion sensor, wireless on/off switch, a two-way intercom, and a siren to scare intruders away.
An alternate method for infecting computers with ransomware signals a shift in tactics by cybercriminals that could put businesses at greater risk, according to Symantec.
Security researchers have expanded and improved the three-year-old BREACH attack that exploits the HTTP compression mechanism in order to recover sensitive information such as authentication cookies from encrypted Web traffic.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
One of the best pieces of security advice any computer expert can give you is to enable two-factor authentication for websites that support it. With password breaches so common nowadays, it could be the one thing that keeps hackers from stealing your...
CNBC inadvertently exposed peoples' passwords after it ran an article Tuesday that ironically was intended to promote secure password practices.
A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any security programs.
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
Millions of Android devices are at risk yet again after researchers found a new way to exploit an older vulnerability that was previously patched by Google.
The latest version of the TeslaCrypt ransomware has tidied up a weakness in previous versions that in some cases allowed victims to recover their files without paying a ransom.
Tens of thousands of Web browsers may have been exposed to ransomware and other malware over the last few days after malicious advertisements appeared on high-profile websites.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Locky, a new family of ransomware that emerged in the last few weeks, has quickly made a mark for itself.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW