A proposal from two senior U.S. senators would force tech companies to give technical assistance to law enforcement agencies trying to break into encrypted devices.
A start-up company called Karamba Security has developed malware prevention technology for the externally connected electronic control units (ECUs) found in cars.
The system piggybacks onto your existing wiring to add a motion sensor, wireless on/off switch, a two-way intercom, and a siren to scare intruders away.
An alternate method for infecting computers with ransomware signals a shift in tactics by cybercriminals that could put businesses at greater risk, according to Symantec.
Security researchers have expanded and improved the three-year-old BREACH attack that exploits the HTTP compression mechanism in order to recover sensitive information such as authentication cookies from encrypted Web traffic.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
One of the best pieces of security advice any computer expert can give you is to enable two-factor authentication for websites that support it. With password breaches so common nowadays, it could be the one thing that keeps hackers from stealing your...
CNBC inadvertently exposed peoples' passwords after it ran an article Tuesday that ironically was intended to promote secure password practices.
A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any security programs.
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
Millions of Android devices are at risk yet again after researchers found a new way to exploit an older vulnerability that was previously patched by Google.
The latest version of the TeslaCrypt ransomware has tidied up a weakness in previous versions that in some cases allowed victims to recover their files without paying a ransom.
Tens of thousands of Web browsers may have been exposed to ransomware and other malware over the last few days after malicious advertisements appeared on high-profile websites.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC