Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
The main Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) in Topeka was unavailable this morning, just days the Anonymous hacking collective had denied reports that its members were seeking to attack the site over disagreements with the ch...
The outage of Dutch bank Rabobank last weekend was caused by a massive DDoS attack. The perpetrators are still unknown. The bank reports the attack to the police.
A 26-year-old Belarusian man has admitted to running an identity theft website designed to thwart the antifraud measures used by many banks.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has asked a judge to shut down an alleged text-messaging spam operation that sent out 85 text messages per minute at its peak, the agency said Wednesday.
The European Commission and Europol have once again refused to reveal any information about how the Terrorist Finance Tracking Agreement between the European Union and the U.S. is working six months after it came into force.
Current methods for securely wiping data from magnetic hard disks simply aren't reliable enough to use on solid state drives (SSDs), a detailed study by engineers at the University of California has found.
What's "pervasive memory scraping" and why is it considered by SANS Institute security researchers to be among the most dangerous attack techniques likely to be used in coming the coming year?
Cybercriminals in Eastern Europe have begun using a dangerous new malware program to steal from online bank accounts in the U.S.
I was sitting in the middle of one of the most security conscious crowds you'd ever come across -- about 200 computer security professionals listening to a high-powered panel on mobile security threats at the RSA Conference in San Francisco last week...
The pro-Iran hacktivist group that defaced the Baidu and Twitter Web sites a year ago has hit another target: the U.S. Government's Voice of America news site.
Apple's iTunes Store that can reveal what content another person has downloaded, which could be a privacy concern for users of the service, says a research scientist at MIT.
DrayTek has overhauled its best-selling 2820 series 'pro' broadband modem-routers, adding a raft of features designed to make the product more appealing to SMEs.
2011 is the year that mobile security is going mainstream. Here at 2011 RSA Conference in San Francisco many of the security software companies I've spoken to have either released--or are planning to release a mobile security app of some sort.
Czech security company Avast Software is adding virtualised security to the forthcoming version of its paid antivirus software in an attempt to woo consumers worried about attacks on online banking by Trojans such as Zeus/SpyEye.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT