Point-of-sale payment processing devices for credit and debit cards are proving to be rich targets for cybercriminals due to lax security controls, particularly among small businesses, according to a report from Trustwave.
The number of free Android apps that may be infected with malware this week has increased to more than 50.
Palo Alto Networks is coming out with software that extends its next-generation firewall protection to individual laptops no matter where they are when they tap into business networks.
The Google Android Market for apps is supposed to be an apps showplace, but the fact that Google this week yanked down about 50 Android apps it found out were malicious came as something of a jolt to many in the security industry.
Openness, one of Android's big advantages, can also be the Achilles' heel of the platform. Google has pulled the kill switch on 21 free malware apps from the Android Market and from around 50,000 devices, according to reports. The apps were free ille...
Google has pulled more than 50 malware-infected apps from its Android Market, but hasn't yet triggered automatic uninstalls of those programs from users' phones, security experts said today.
More than 50 applications containing malware have been discovered in Google's application market for its Android mobile OS, a sign that hackers are hard at work trying to compromise mobile devices.
If they could change one thing to improve IT security, the assembled experts on a panel at Cebit would better educate their users.
Extreme Networks is going mobile. The company today wheeled out a roadmap that will steer the company's product line toward mobile device and application access, availability and management support.
Stung by a high-profile denial-of-service attack in December, PayPal's CISO says application layer attacks remain a major threat to businesses in general, which need better defenses and actual testing of the DDoS tools they have.
Spammers are moving on from mass e-mail blasts to targeted attacks using social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn, Cisco security executive Tom Gillis said Monday.
Intel's acquisition of McAfee -- originally announced last August -- has passed regulatory hurdles and is now official. The question now is: "What does the future hold with the combination of one of the leading chip manufacturers and one of the leadi...
A technology built into many new solid state drives (SSDs) to improve their storage efficiency could inadvertently be making forensic analysis at a later date by police forces and intelligence agencies almost impossible to carry out to legally safe s...
Google on Monday patched 19 vulnerabilities in Chrome, paying nine researchers $14,000 in bug bounties for reporting the flaws.
A New Hampshire man who made US$8 million by installing unwanted dial-up software on computers and then forcing them to call expensive premium telephone numbers was handed down an 82-month sentence on Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)ACT
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Service Delivery ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW