Spammers are moving on from mass e-mail blasts to targeted attacks using social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn, Cisco security executive Tom Gillis said Monday.
Intel's acquisition of McAfee -- originally announced last August -- has passed regulatory hurdles and is now official. The question now is: "What does the future hold with the combination of one of the leading chip manufacturers and one of the leadi...
A technology built into many new solid state drives (SSDs) to improve their storage efficiency could inadvertently be making forensic analysis at a later date by police forces and intelligence agencies almost impossible to carry out to legally safe s...
Google on Monday patched 19 vulnerabilities in Chrome, paying nine researchers $14,000 in bug bounties for reporting the flaws.
A New Hampshire man who made US$8 million by installing unwanted dial-up software on computers and then forcing them to call expensive premium telephone numbers was handed down an 82-month sentence on Monday.
Visitors to the London Stock Exchange's Web site were hit with malicious ads over the weekend, designed to pop up fake security messages on their computers.
NetQin Mobile has captured 2 new spyware programs that have been infecting Android phones. The two programs, "SW.SecurePhone" and "SW.Qieting", can release an unsettling amount of personal information from an infected phone.
The hactivist group Anonymous has won for now its skirmish with the CEO of HBGary Federal, the network security firm whose e-mails were stolen and posted on the Internet, leaving the company red-faced over the content as well as the ease with which i...
The Twitter account used to promote Microsoft's Bing search engine went slightly bonkers Monday afternoon, posting a deluge of pre-Oscar party photos.
One of the two men accused of hacking AT&T's website to grab personal information about thousands of iPad users has been released on bail.
For the first time ever UK email users are being asked to forward messages they believe might be connected to fraud or phishing directly to the police for as a way of gathering realtime data on criminal threats.
Sprint Monday debuted a host of smartphone security services as part of its Total Equipment Protection package.
It is no secret that mobile platforms are ripe targets for malware. The explosion of smartphones and tablets, combined with the lack of security awareness or tools for mobile platforms makes them particularly attractive targets. Apparently, Android h...
Windows PCs have been under siege for 20 years. What a difference those two decades make.
Intel has completed its $US7.68 billion acquisition of security vendor McAfee, the chip maker announced on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW