Visitors to the London Stock Exchange's Web site were hit with malicious ads over the weekend, designed to pop up fake security messages on their computers.
NetQin Mobile has captured 2 new spyware programs that have been infecting Android phones. The two programs, "SW.SecurePhone" and "SW.Qieting", can release an unsettling amount of personal information from an infected phone.
The hactivist group Anonymous has won for now its skirmish with the CEO of HBGary Federal, the network security firm whose e-mails were stolen and posted on the Internet, leaving the company red-faced over the content as well as the ease with which i...
The Twitter account used to promote Microsoft's Bing search engine went slightly bonkers Monday afternoon, posting a deluge of pre-Oscar party photos.
One of the two men accused of hacking AT&T's website to grab personal information about thousands of iPad users has been released on bail.
For the first time ever UK email users are being asked to forward messages they believe might be connected to fraud or phishing directly to the police for as a way of gathering realtime data on criminal threats.
Sprint Monday debuted a host of smartphone security services as part of its Total Equipment Protection package.
It is no secret that mobile platforms are ripe targets for malware. The explosion of smartphones and tablets, combined with the lack of security awareness or tools for mobile platforms makes them particularly attractive targets. Apparently, Android h...
Windows PCs have been under siege for 20 years. What a difference those two decades make.
Intel has completed its $US7.68 billion acquisition of security vendor McAfee, the chip maker announced on Monday.
Security information and event management (SIEM) equipment is valuable for getting a bird's-eye view of security in the enterprise, but there are deployment challenges that IT security managers need to recognize.
While devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Android are in most cases welcomed into the corporate world, there's uncertainty about how to fit them into enterprise IT security practices that have been concerned so long by Microsoft Windows.
Google has joined Yahoo, software site Tucows and filtering firm Cloudmark in signing up to use Return Path's now formally launched Domain Assurance service which the company claims will turn the screw on phishing and brand-hijacking spam.
I was on the road last week, attending the RSA security conference in San Francisco, which is a great place to run into colleagues. Afterwards, I visited Disneyland, which, despite being in the same state, is surprisingly far away. What do these plac...
Apple is offering security experts a copy of the developer preview of Mac OS X 10.7, aka Lion, and asking them for feedback.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTAgile Iteration ManagerWA
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW