Twitter on Friday suspended three major mobile third-party applications for allegedly violating the company's use policies.
With violence escalating, Libya is pulling the plug on its Internet connection.
Three U.S. senators criticized for past legislation that would allow the president to potentially quarantine or shut down parts of the Internet during a major cyberattack have introduced a new bill that would put limits on that authority.
Oracle has unloaded a hefty package of patches aimed at fixing critical vulnerabilities in Java SE and Java for Business, and Oracle as well as third-party security experts are urging IT admins to deploy the security update immediately.
A Romanian man has pleaded guilty to participating in a well-organized scam that took in about US$2.7 million from unsuspecting users of online marketplaces such as eBay, Craigslist and AutoTrader.com.
The hactivist group Anonymous used a series of simple technical and social exploits to crack the network of technology firm HBGary Federal, giving the company a schooling that other network security pros can learn from.
Microsoft yesterday downplayed the threat posed to Windows users by a recently-revealed vulnerability, saying that it was unlikely the bug could be exploited to compromise a computer.
The Norton Mobile Utilities beta for Android is a useful but somewhat buggy suite of free tools that any self-respecting Android geek will want to download and test. To a certain extent, it's a proof of concept, because Symantec has not yet decided w...
SAN FRANCISCO -- Virtualization technologies can help enable better security and control in cloud computing environments, RSA chief Art Coviello said today.
Deciding to move enterprise data into cloud-computing environments is still a decision fraught with anxiety over security, as well as operational and legal issues, say IT managers, but the prospect of cost savings and ability to "burst" data into the...
Web-based e-mail, social-networking and peer-to-peer services are frustrating law enforcement wiretapping efforts, a lawyer for the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation told lawmakers Thursday, but she did not offer concrete ideas on how to fix the p...
The Chinese government is denying any involvement in a reported cyberattack on the Canadian government, which was ultimately traced to a Chinese server.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Acknowledging that security technologies to prevent cyberattacks are insufficient, several vendors at the RSA Conference here urged companies that are making security plans to assume that at some point, they will be breached.
At a keynote speech delivered at the RSA Security Conference, Scott Charney -- Microsoft corporate vice president for Trustworthy Computing -- reiterated a vision for the future of Internet security. Charney painted a picture of a collaborative appro...
Smartphone malware is still uncommon -- at least here in the United States -- but every now and then comes a fresh reminder that the threat is real. According to Lookout Mobile Security, a new Trojan is making the rounds in various alternative app ma...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT