Early Tuesday morning Norton announced results of a Strategy One survey conducted last September that suggest one in three U.S. citizens have had their cell phones lost or stolen.
As it promised last year, on Monday the world's biggest bug bounty program released information about nearly two dozen unpatched vulnerabilities, including five in Microsoft Office, after deadlines expired.
Microsoft today issued 12 security updates that patched 22 bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and its Internet server software.
Three months into my new job, I've had a chance to assess the landscape and establish some priorities. No. 1 will be the way we handle data.
Worried about security in the cloud? Fret over this instead: Last month, a hacker surfaced who claimed he can sell access to more than a dozen government, military and university Web sites all cracked easily because of bad programming.
Wikileaks defenders Anonymous are firing both barrels at a security researcher who promised to name people in the group. Aaron Barr vowed he’d expose organizers of the online activist group Anonymous next week, but in response Anonymous hacked his Tw...
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has used February 8 -- Safer Internet Day -- to issue a warning to Australians about cyber-security.
For Android phone users, the newfound convenience of installing apps remotely from the Android Market Website also opens up a security hole for malware.
Microsoft will take yet another crack this month at fixing a December update for Outlook 2007, the company said last week.
Hotmail has stolen a rare lead on Googles Gmail with a new security feature that lets webmail users create temporary email addresses which can later be discarded.
Doctors have fallen in love with the Apple iPad, becoming one of the biggest early adopters among professionals. They want iPads for personal use and to get their work done. It's the latter that has healthcare IT staff scrambling to secure the device...
The US government is setting out to address concerns about security in the cloud. The US National Institute of Standards and Technology has issued a draft document looking at issues such as privacy and security within cloud environments.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has issued formal warnings to two companies -- Premier Auto Wholesale–and Home Loan Selection Services -- for sending marketing messages without the recipients' consent.
The UK is set to sign up to a European Union cyber security plan, as ministers warned that more needed to be done to tackle the growing threats.
It's Cisco Live this week - in London, at least. As usual, Cisco makes certification announcements around the time of the show, and this time the announcement has to do with Security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT