Hackers based in Iran have been using malware to spy on individuals, including potentially dissidents and activists in the country, according to new research from Symantec.
FireEye says it has discovered a type of malware designed to steal payment card data that can be very difficult to detect and remove.
Users who have Dell Windows-based laptops, desktops, tablets and other devices that were bought before August should check if their systems have the self-signed eDellRoot certificate that can compromise their private communications.
SentinelOne has added a feature to its endpoint detection products that can restore files encrypted by cybercriminals, a common type of attack known as ransomware.
Cisco is working to build the confidence of prospective customers in its products, two years after the NSA spying disclosures seeded doubt, particularly in China.
Microsoft combines the attack protection, detection and response features built into Windows 10, Office 365, Azure and the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite to help enterprises improve their operational security posture.
Security researchers say a second experiment showing how easy it is to write ransomware for Apple Macs isn't surprising, so it's likely that hackers will eventually target Apple computers with it.
Adobe Systems' Flash plugin gets no love from anyone in the security field these days. A new study released Monday shows just how much Flash is favored by cybercriminals to sneak their malware onto computers.
IBM may be the fastest-growing vendor in the worldwide security software market, but it's also the owner of the world's largest source of spam.
Google and Yahoo are expanding their use of a successful system used to detect spam.
Thousands of medical devices, including MRI scanners, x-ray machines and drug infusion pumps, are vulnerable to hacking, creating significant health risks for patients, security researchers said this week.
Cisco is tying with a Chinese partner for joint development and better access to the local market, according to a newspaper report.
Microsoft has acquired security company, Adallom, in a bid to give IT departments more control over application access as well as data stored across cloud services.
Security company G Data has identified more than 20 mobile phones that have malware installed despite being marketed as new, according to a research report.
Russian-speaking hackers have breached 97 websites, mostly dating-related, and stolen login credentials, putting hundreds of thousands of users at risk.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT