An ultra-secure Kingston USB thumb drive for travelling professionals
AVG Internet Security 9.0: Solid detection, but needs a makeover
McAfee Internet Security 2010: Nice interface but slow scans
Panda Internet Security 2010 has good extras, but falls short
Webroot Internet Security Essentials falls short on new-threat detection
PC Tools, now owned by Symantec, detected and disabled all active infections on our test PC
Alwil Avast! Internet Security 5.0 did a reasonably good job at stopping active infections on our test PC
BitDefender Internet Security 2010 provides solid protection at a low price.
BullGuard Internet Security 9.0 is a subtle update to Bullguard Internet Security 8.5, available for free for existing subscribers
Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0 adds Norton Insight to speed up quick scans for this comprehensive Windows security package
Trend Micro HouseCall is a free utility that scans for and removes viruses, Trojans, and other malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is like going to another doctor for a second opinion, except that you don't have to make an appointment
Although the Netgear ProSecure STM600 doesn't match the feature set and flexibility of some of the high-end web security gateways from vendors such as Bluecoat, Cisco and Trend Micro, it has a robust and solid design appropriate to midsized and small businesses
Anti-virus software for the Mac remains a contentious topic, not least because - today at least - there are no viruses that can infect the Macintosh. But that's not to say that there is no malware crafted to infiltrate OS X.
Seagate's BlackArmor WS 110 external hard drive offers hardware-based encryption
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW