First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
PC Tools Spyware Doctor is available with anti-virus capability in this updated security package.
In traditional malware detection tests conducted by AVTest.org, Trend Micro Antivirus + Antispyware 2010 was able to detect 96.9 percent of the Trojans, spyware, worms and other malware
NOD32 includes some nice extras, such as a new ability to scan HTTPS traffic for threats before they reach your hard drive
While Avast may not be especially thorough, it is fast
Avira AntiVir Premium edition lacks behavioural detection
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2010 has a polished interface
G Data AntiVirus 2010 uses two antivirus engines
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 is loaded with features
BitDefender Antivirus 2010 needs a better interface
IronKey doubled the maximum capacity of its ultra-secure USB flash drive
WD's My Book Elite external hard drive has an eInk label and hardware encryption
WatchGuard Firebox: Fiery performer at a nice price
Latest News Articles
- On snooping disclosures, AT&T and Internet companies are like night and day
- Yahoo buys concert live-streaming startup Evntlive
- Wall Street Beat: Tech stocks hit 13-year high
- DARPA makes finding software vulnerabilities fun
- Mobile chip speed wars have to end, Broadcom chairman says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- TabletsView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »