FreeOTFE may sound like a political bumper sticker, but it stands for "Free On The Fly Encryption." The "Free" part is self-explanatory; "On The Fly Encryption" refers to the encrypting/decrypting of data as it is written to or read from your hard di...
Many reasons exist for why you might want or need to "security wipe" a BlackBerry, or completely erase all personal data stored on your handheld: You got a new smartphone and plan to retire the older device; you're trading in your existing BlackBerry...
Today is the final Microsoft Patch Tuesday for 2010. It has been a busy year for Microsoft when it comes to security bulletins, and December is no exception as Microsoft closes out the year with a record 17 security bulletins. With only a week or so ...
A security researcher today provided a way for users to see whether their e-mail addresses and passwords were among the 1.3 million compromised in a hack of Gawker Media's sites.
Despite the convenience, free public Wi-Fi networks like those found in hotels, Starbucks, and McDonald's are also a serious risk when it comes to your data and personal information.
Good citizens of technological America, this story is not for you.
The other day, my wife asked me how to copy a PowerPoint presentation to a flash drive so she could take it with her to school. I was a little shocked. My very own wife doesn't know how to do this? I've failed as a husband!
Flash drives are virus magnets. This is a generally accepted truth, but today I learned it firsthand.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
In recent weeks, more and more iTunes users have been reporting fraudulent activity on their Apple accounts, reporting hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of bogus purchases. With the reports of this type of fraud on the uptick in recent week...
QUESTION: I've been told that I shouldn't have more than one antivirus program running on my PC. Can I use both McAfee and Microsoft Anti-Spyware (or another spyware application), for example? I want to be extra safe online, and I know that security ...
QUESTION: I signed up for a Facebook account and uploaded some photos to my profile. I was soon contacted out of the blue by someone I didn't want to hear from and who I didn't know could see my photos and profile. I've been told that I should stop u...
SUPERAntiSpyware found three Trojans on a reader's PC. He asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2000-windows/">Windows</a> forum how this could happen when his PC is protected.
You wouldn't let your kids walk the streets of Amsterdam's Red Light District, but giving them unrestricted access to the Web is practically the same thing. The problem is, how do you block out all that inappropriate Web content?
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD