BlackBerry is returning to the tablet market -- this time with the help of Samsung Electronics, IBM and Secusmart, the German encryption specialist BlackBerry bought last year.
BlackBerry is now free to integrate German security vendor Secusmart's voice encryption technology on its smartphones and software, after the German government approved its acquisition of the company.
At around €2,000 (US$2800) each, the secure smartphones that SecuSmart showed at Cebit last year were out of reach of many businesses -- although three governments have since bought them to secure mobile phone calls between senior officials, accordin...
Vodafone Germany will attempt to simplify encrypting mobile phone calls with its upcoming Secure Call app, which it plans to launch for Android, iOS and Windows Phone devices.
The first Cebit trade show in the post-Snowden era will focus on security, showing off locally developed bug-proof phones and messaging systems, as well as the ability to protect mobile devices using smartcards.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)ACT
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD