Web creator Sir Tim Berners-Lee resorted to using a bag of potato chips to explain the ease and benefits of using linked open data.
The British government has invested £30 million (US$45 million), in a research center to further develop Tim Berners-Lee's Semantic Web.
Semantic search capabilities were hailed by a Microsoft official Tuesday as a better way to get users to the information they need.
They start as a mild tremor at first: rumors of an Apple Phone and rumblings about Web 2.0, whispers about touch interfaces and flash storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCPHP Developer | Network Specialist |VIC
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW