A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Semiconductor Industry Association
Increased sales of electronics and new forms of computing devices will drive the worldwide semiconductor market to growth this year after a slowdown in 2012, the nonprofit organization World Semiconductor Trade Statistics said on Monday.
After several days of gains, tech stocks dropped Thursday as markets declined on disappointing news from Europe, where government officials are meeting to try to solve the sovereign debt crisis afflicting several countries in the euro area.
U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
Despite an unusual earnings miss Thursday by Internet bellwether Google, continuing geopolitical turmoil and disappointing news for the PC market, IT is demonstrating continuing resilience as tech stocks in certain sectors moved higher Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC