A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Semiconductor Industry Association
Increased sales of electronics and new forms of computing devices will drive the worldwide semiconductor market to growth this year after a slowdown in 2012, the nonprofit organization World Semiconductor Trade Statistics said on Monday.
After several days of gains, tech stocks dropped Thursday as markets declined on disappointing news from Europe, where government officials are meeting to try to solve the sovereign debt crisis afflicting several countries in the euro area.
U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
Despite an unusual earnings miss Thursday by Internet bellwether Google, continuing geopolitical turmoil and disappointing news for the PC market, IT is demonstrating continuing resilience as tech stocks in certain sectors moved higher Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC