Last Thursday morning, the National Broadband Network was officially launched in Tasmania by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and Tasmanian Premier David Bartlett.
Senator Stephen Conroy
Senator Stephen Conroy in pictures
Despite increasing amounts of criticism of the National Broadband Network (NBN) by industry figures, public opinion of the $36 billion remains high, according to Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy.
Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, strongly supports an R18+ rating for games in Australia. His stance is in line with his Government’s position.
Australia’s transition to digital free-to-air television has continued with analog TV signals permanently switched off this week in regional South Australia and Broken Hill.
Communications minister, Stephen Conroy, has proposed the terms of reference for a wide-ranging review of Australia's telecom and media regulation.
Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, has used Australia's falling OECD broadband penetration ratings as evidence that the National Broadband Network is needed.
It's safe to say that Senator Stephen Conroy, the federal communications minister, has upset a lot of people in the IT community with his push for mandatory Internet filtering. Although it may seem remote, the thought of him being unseated at the upc...
On Friday, three of Australia's largest internet service providers simultaneously announced they would filter some internet content from ever reaching their customers.
The proposed Internet filter pushed by Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has been a source of controversy in Australia. Today it was revealed that the filter will be delayed by at least 12 months, while the Government further considers exactly w...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW