Getting a jump on competing hypervisors, the open source Xen is preparing for the day when ARM processors will run virtual machines.
The Open Virtualization Alliance has joined the Linux Foundation as a collaborative project to deepen its ties with the Linux community.
VMware continues to push its plan to virtualize the whole data center, with the general availability of its network virtualization platform, and desktops too with the acquisition of desktop-as-a service company Desktone.
Citrix Systems will use its NetScaler Control Center for VMware to manage NetScaler functionality within virtualized networks that use VMware's NSX platform.
The introduction of Rackspace's hosted Dedicated VMware vCenter Server will allow IT staff to control their VMware environments from a data center run by the vendor.
With an update to its Foglight for Virtualization software package, Dell can now help organizations rid their systems of resource-sucking zombie virtual machines.
Oracle has joined the market for pre-integrated systems intended to ease the process of setting up and managing a virtualized compute environment.
Oracle Database, WebLogic Server, and Java now certified for Windows Azure and Hyper-V
MapR Technologies and VMware have collaborated to make it easier for enterprises to virtualize big data applications and get better support at the same time.
CERN is making the infrastructure that handles the data from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) more flexible by upgrading it with OpenStack for virtualization and Puppet for configuration management.
Hitachi said Monday it will officially support Amazon Web Services as part of its cloud solution offerings, a victory for Amazon over rival Microsoft Azure.
While some progress has been achieved in getting virtual machines to run across different types of hypervisors, more work is still needed to bring them to the level of portability that enterprises are seeking, according to a study released by the Ope...
In an effort to attract a more diverse set of contributors, enterprise software vendor Citrix has donated its open source Xen hypervisor to the Linux Foundation.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its service virtualization software, giving developers a broader palette upon which to test their programs.
Extending its testing methodologies to the realm of virtualization, the Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC) has introduced a benchmark that allows organizations to determine the responsiveness of database systems operating in virtual env...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD